Gongora1986
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, everyone!

I received my offer of accommodation this evening. I got Leamington House, Ground Floor, in Whitworth Park Hall. I'm a postgraduate research student. I must say that Whitworth was not the place I had I mind. I applied in late May, so I guess that's what I get. I read bad reviews on the internet, and though I've done some research, I couldn't find anything about Leamington. Has anyone stayed there? If so, how does it look like? Is it different from the other houses in the hall? And last but not least, if any of you got Leamington too (or knows of someone who got a room there for this academic year), don't hesitate to contact me. We are very likely to be flatmates! I'm a very sociable Spanish guy.

Bye for now.
singzeon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was at Whitworth Park for 2017/18, but not at Lem so can't specifically comment on it. However I would say that most of the reviews are actually fairly exaggerated (which did make me a little worried as well), but it turned out to be not that bad after all. The place is old and less aesthetic, that I admit, but it wasn't to the extent where things were falling apart, so to speak.
Gongora1986
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by singzeon)
I was at Whitworth Park for 2017/18, but not at Lem so can't specifically comment on it. However I would say that most of the reviews are actually fairly exaggerated (which did make me a little worried as well), but it turned out to be not that bad after all. The place is old and less aesthetic, that I admit, but it wasn't to the extent where things were falling apart, so to speak.
Thanks for your feedback! I read terrible things about the place, such as mice in the kitchen, etc. I'm trying to be positive, so I want to believe that the hall is not that bad after all and that these students were unlucky. I don't mind if it's not the best hall in the city, as long as it is decent/livable. I'm not that picky.
wizz97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,It’s been a while since this, but I’ve also been offered a place at Leamington House for 2019/20. If you eventually ended up there, how has your experience been overall? Are rooms and common areas ok?I would really appreciate if you could comment a bit about your experience as a postgraduate so far. I will also be a postgraduate student there.
Iamsuz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I was offered whitworth park too for 2019/2020. PG student. but I do not think I'm going to accept it. I'm currently looking at ropemaker or other private halls.
(Original post by wizz97)
Hi,It’s been a while since this, but I’ve also been offered a place at Leamington House for 2019/20. If you eventually ended up there, how has your experience been overall? Are rooms and common areas ok?I would really appreciate if you could comment a bit about your experience as a postgraduate so far. I will also be a postgraduate student there.
tciarcia
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’ll be at leamington for 2019/20 too! Also a postgraduate so glad to hear I won’t be the only one!
singzeon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Whitworth Park has a Fb page where you can find your future flatmates. You can also ask in the chat for other postgrads (for example).
Olivia Adhikary
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by tciarcia)
I’ll be at leamington for 2019/20 too! Also a postgraduate so glad to hear I won’t be the only one!
Hey! I will be staying at Leamington for 2019/20 as well! MSc HRM.
Jinuuu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes! So I am not the only one Leamington as well...! btw im postgrad student!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.75%
No (646)
65.25%

Watched Threads