The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation at Victoria Point 5 (Hello Student) - avoid at all costs

I feel like I have to warm anyone who is considering moving in here. The accommodation is described as "luxury" and is very expensive, but you get hell in return.

1. They are currently doing LOUD construction work everywhere, which means you will have to live through earnumbing noise from 7am to 6pm every day Monday-Saturday. This is likely to continue for years. They just started extremely loud drilling in block 5, even on Saturday mornings, with NO consideration of their tenants. I can't remember the last time I got to sleep in.
The construction has already caused issues, like your water being shut off and the internet being down for days because someone managed to cut through some wires while digging.

2. The staff come off as nice and polite, but do not care at all if you have any major maintenance issues. Expect to wait over 7 months to get anything done - and that is only if you constantly remind them.

3. They completely ignore your right of quiet enjoyment and will have so called "maintenance checks" and other "checks" up to several times a month. Whilst doing this, they often don't even bother knocking and just storm in while you're half naked, sleeping or in the shower. Ironically, these "maintenance checks" are only to see if YOU have broken anything, as it will take them over half a year to even consider fixing major issues that is their fault. When the rooms were new in 2017, people who moved in were missing important items like ovens and TV's for WEEKS.

4. There are only 3 washers for everyone living here, 1 of which broke only a couple weeks after people moved in. It has still not been fixed after almost a year. The app you need to use them are also often not working.

5. The interior only looks good on pictures. The workers installing it seem to have been doing it in a rush with no care at all, as there are visual damages everywhere. Cracks in the wall and mirrors, leftover glue everywhere, paint spilled, drawers that does not open/close properly and so on. When I first moved in I also had to spend hours cleaning up leftover nails, screws and sawdust. This is the least of the accommodation's issues, but considering they offer "luxury" and charge you that much in rent, there really should be a higher standard.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending