equivalency testing English exam Watch

AgnesL1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi.I sat my equivalency English GCSE exam with ET last Saturday 21/07/18.I don't think i did well though. I am still waiting for my results. Do you know how long do we need to wait for the results? I am a Maths person and want to teach Maths for secondary schools. I wasn't educated in this country thus i need to do equivalency GCSE for maths and english. I have met all the requirements for PGCE so far. I passed numeracy and literacy skill tests and also equivalency GCSE in Maths. I am just worried that i didn't pass my English
Shedyll
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I will be taking mines at the end of the month. I'm super nervous, can you give me an idea what was on the exam paper and I've heard there's a poem section.
AgnesL1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
hi.
The first section- There were two texts on outdoor activities for children. The first one was more like a report to authorities on why it is important to introduce more outdoor lessons in schools. The second one was directed to parents informing them what outdoor activities the Nathional Health Trust offers for all families to keep them healthy and occupied.
The next section was writing. One question was to write about your memorable journey. The next question was to write a report to the gov. I didn’t choose this one.
The last section was to analyse and compare two poems : ‘Nettle’ and ‘Aquarium’

I passed it but waited one week for the results. I got a certificate sent by post. No email or text about the result so I was really stressed.
Good luck! You can do it
Shedyll
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thank you soo much for your help and congratulations on passing your exam.
xana89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi to everyone, Thank you very much for that useful information, AgnesL1, it's been very helpful! I am going to sit this exam in December this year and I am a little bit worried about it. The reason being is that they sent me two past exam papers. However, these papers were from 2011 and 2012. I know that this equivalency exams are based on the AQA GCSE exam papers. Unfortunately, the AQA tests have changed since 2015 in two relevant aspects: the texts for the reading are literary texts and not
lucygohappy
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey xana89, did you sit this exam in December? How did you get on? Hopefully booking mine soon. Feeling pretty stressed about it!! Thanks, Lucy
bamblue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by AgnesL1)
hi.
The first section- There were two texts on outdoor activities for children. The first one was more like a report to authorities on why it is important to introduce more outdoor lessons in schools. The second one was directed to parents informing them what outdoor activities the Nathional Health Trust offers for all families to keep them healthy and occupied.
The next section was writing. One question was to write about your memorable journey. The next question was to write a report to the gov. I didn’t choose this one.
The last section was to analyse and compare two poems : ‘Nettle’ and ‘Aquarium’

I passed it but waited one week for the results. I got a certificate sent by post. No email or text about the result so I was really stressed.
Good luck! You can do it
Hi there, so the poems you had are both unseen ones? it's very strange as the poems in the exam I sat today are all from the love cluster. The exam advice ET sent through email said there will be an unseen poem actually!
MinMad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
I am sitting the exam this month. Please could you let me know what did you get for the writing section and the poetry section?
Thank you
(Original post by Shedyll)
Thank you soo much for your help and congratulations on passing your exam.
MinMad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, Please could you let me know what did you get for the writing section?
Thank you
(Original post by bamblue)
Hi there, so the poems you had are both unseen ones? it's very strange as the poems in the exam I sat today are all from the love cluster. The exam advice ET sent through email said there will be an unseen poem actually!
Shedyll
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I took the exam 9 months ago. For the first section of the english exam there were two text on outdoor activities which was quite easy...second part was to write about your memorable journey. The next question was to write a report to the gov. I choose memerable journey.The last section was to analyse and compare two poems : ‘Nettle’ and ‘harmoniun' the poems are online..im not sure if they change the questions for english test by now.
MinMad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi , Thank you very much. It is so helpful of you.
(Original post by Shedyll)
I took the exam 9 months ago. For the first section of the english exam there were two text on outdoor activities which was quite easy...second part was to write about your memorable journey. The next question was to write a report to the gov. I choose memerable journey.The last section was to analyse and compare two poems : ‘Nettle’ and ‘harmoniun' the poems are online..im not sure if they change the questions for english test by now.
MinMad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Lucygohappy,
Did you sit for the exam? If so please could you let me know what you got for writing and poetry sections?
Thank you

(Original post by lucygohappy)
Hey xana89, did you sit this exam in December? How did you get on? Hopefully booking mine soon. Feeling pretty stressed about it!! Thanks, Lucy
bamblue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't really remember much now, the exam was over 3 months ago. The poems are all from the love cluster, I did not encounter any unseen ones. But I think you should expect and prepare for unseen poems as this is what the ET guidance suggests. The writing section is really very easy. As long as you prepare well for the poems, you should pass! I passed the exam with B.
(Original post by MinMad)
Hi, Please could you let me know what did you get for the writing section?
Thank you
Last edited by bamblue; 3 weeks ago
AJH795
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi. Which poems did you see for your exam? Trying to find some questions to practise with. Thank you
(Original post by bamblue)
I don't really remember much now, the exam was over 3 months ago. The poems are all from the love cluster, I did not encounter any unseen ones. But I think you should expect and prepare for unseen poems as this is what the ET guidance suggests. The writing section is really very easy. As long as you prepare well for the poems, you should pass! I passed the exam with B.
MinMad
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Poems I got were from the love and relationship cluster. As I can remember, the follower and climbing on grand pa or something
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads