Francesco8801
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just did a mock on the official UKCAT website and did horribly in the QR section (only 7 correct!!). On medify I did all the mocks and I usually get around 670 in QR.

How much harder are the official UKCAT mocks (in particular the QR section) and medify mocks compared to the real thing?
DoctorMoonlight
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The real thing was easier than UKCAT mocks and the medify!

I would average 500-650 but got 760 in the real thing!
HopelessMedic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would agree with the 1st post, QR for me and most of the people i know was much easier in the actual test compared to any previous practice tests or questions.
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
(Original post by DoctorMoonlight)
The real thing was easier than UKCAT mocks and the medify!

I would average 500-650 but got 760 in the real thing!
Oh ok, that's good to hear! I have my exam in 3 days and I'm getting around 650-670 average in my medify mocks

How do you think VR differs in the real thing compared to medify?

By the way, that's an excellent score, congrats!
DoctorMoonlight
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found VR extremely difficult nad it was my worst section.

I got 550 in VR, but 700s in all the othe rsections and it pulled me down to 680.
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
(Original post by DoctorMoonlight)
I found VR extremely difficult nad it was my worst section.

I got 550 in VR, but 700s in all the othe rsections and it pulled me down to 680.
I'm finding VR the hardest section too, the time pressure is very hard to cope 😓
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I went to a medic conference recently, and there was a statement made about Medify. it's that it's much harder that the actual test and many questions are weird in terms of AR.
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
(Original post by RickHendricks)
I went to a medic conference recently, and there was a statement made about Medify. it's that it's much harder that the actual test and many questions are weird in terms of AR.

Cool! I heard that too; many people say that QR and AR are easier in the real exam compared to medify
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Francesco8801)
Cool! I heard that too; many people say that QR and AR are easier in the real exam compared to medify
you should try the medicportal practice questions. much closer to the real thing.
Ryanrmathew
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just did a mock on the official UKCAT website and did horribly in the QR section (only 7 correct!!). On medify I did all the mocks and I usually get around 670 in QR.

How much harder are the official UKCAT mocks (in particular the QR section) and medify mocks compared to the real thing?
I have been having this exact same isssue! On medify mocks i would get around 670 for QR but in the official practice test A i only got 11 correct (470). I hope the QR in the real thing was more like medify. I have my UKCAT in 9 days so it was stressful to see a drop form 670 to 470!
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Ryanrmathew)
I have been having this exact same isssue! On medify mocks i would get around 670 for QR but in the official practice test A i only got 11 correct (470). I hope the QR in the real thing was more like medify. I have my UKCAT in 9 days so it was stressful to see a drop form 670 to 470!
Yeah don't worry, the QR in the real exam will be much easier in the real exam compared to the official mocks! I got 670 in the real thing in QR
Ryanrmathew
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah don't worry, the QR in the real exam will be much easier in the real exam compared to the official mocks! I got 670 in the real thing in QR
Thats great to hear. So the QR difficulty is more similar to the QR on the Medify Mocks? I hope thats the case in 9 days when i do the real thing haha
Francesco8801
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Ryanrmathew)
Thats great to hear. So the QR difficulty is more similar to the QR on the Medify Mocks? I hope thats the case in 9 days when i do the real thing haha
Yeah, the QR in the real exam is very similar to medify
Best of luck!
Ryanrmathew
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, the QR in the real exam is very similar to medify
Best of luck!
Thanks, ill need it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (254)
39.81%
Take autumn exams (190)
29.78%
Look for a job (21)
3.29%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.92%
Take a year out (110)
17.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.96%

Watched Threads