The Student Room Group

should I move schools and leave my friends

I've been going to my school for 2 years now and I'm finally done with year 11. I decided I wanted to stay on at my school and do the IB but my school is extremely expensive and my parents are visibly struggling to pay the fees. They want me to move to a cheaper school but I know loads of people at this other school and I expect there will be a lot of drama. should I move or insist to stay?
Wow, obviously if your parents are struggling and actually asking you to move you should move - how spoilt can you be that you put some friends from school over your parents financial health and the stress the cost is causing them. Incredibly selfish. You will most likely barely speak to any of these people once you go to university, and if you were to survive going to different unis I don't see why you can't survive going to different sixth forms.

I feel sorry for your parents.
Original post by izziealves
I've been going to my school for 2 years now and I'm finally done with year 11. I decided I wanted to stay on at my school and do the IB but my school is extremely expensive and my parents are visibly struggling to pay the fees. They want me to move to a cheaper school but I know loads of people at this other school and I expect there will be a lot of drama. should I move or insist to stay?

Transfer to a state school; it's much better for uni applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending