The Student Room Group

Painful nipples ...

Hey
I think this is a pretty awkward topic I don’t want to ask my family about just yet - so I came here ..?

For the last week I’ve had painful to the touch nipples (19yr girl). I’ve never really hadn’t this kind of lasting sensitiveness, and it a worrying me that it’s not gone away!
My breast doesn’t hurt just my nipples. I know no one here is a doctor but if anyone has had a similar experience and knows the problem or any solutions I’d really appriciate !! Thanks.
your period is probably coming soon.
Reply 2
Original post by JaydorIV
your period is probably coming soon.

Ah that’s true it is due in a few days!
Ive never had this before though.
Thanks . maybe I should wait it out and see if it goes with my period.
Original post by Anonymous
Ah that’s true it is due in a few days!
Ive never had this before though.
Thanks . maybe I should wait it out and see if it goes with my period.

no problem 😊
Reply 4
They might have been irritated by something. If you've switched to a different shower gel or body moisturiser, that might be it. The skin on your nipples is more sensitive than on the rest of your body so it might cause a reaction there and nowhere else. I've also found dog and cat hair in my bras to be a problem.
You find this awkward?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hey
I think this is a pretty awkward topic I don’t want to ask my family about just yet - so I came here ..?

For the last week I’ve had painful to the touch nipples (19yr girl). I’ve never really hadn’t this kind of lasting sensitiveness, and it a worrying me that it’s not gone away!
My breast doesn’t hurt just my nipples. I know no one here is a doctor but if anyone has had a similar experience and knows the problem or any solutions I’d really appriciate !! Thanks.

Could be irritation due to your bra/ body wash/ other stuff. Could be cos your period is due. Could be something else.
If you haven't made any changes and your period is due soon I would wait and see if it goes. If it does all good. If you have changed something like washing product try switching back and see if it goes. If it doesn't go after period or if you get any other symptoms like a change in appearance or any discharge go see GP to be safe and get quicker answers.

You can see doc by yourself so no need to involve family if you don't feel comfortable.
Pharmacist could also be worth a visit before GP just to check they don't have any ideas (sometimes they can be really helpful and save you a trip to the GP).

Hope that helps and it improves soon. :smile:
Get a friend to kiss them better.
Reply 8
I have my menstruation so often. Maybe there is a reason?

Quick Reply

Latest