graay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As crazy as it sound, my English teacher pomade us do 50 quizez for homework over the weekend!! She told us that it would only take about 30 min to complete them all, but one quiz can go from 4 min to 12 min, so it would not on earth take 30 min. It took me many hours as I spent Saturday Afternoon and whole of Sunday to complete them, ALONG with many maths, science and French homework!
It’s ridiculous how much homework they can give us and with one teacher once CONFESSING that the teachers in the English department COMPETES on who can give the most homework.
It disgust me
teachers can do that. If I speak out about it, all other teachers would just ignore me
noonelikesu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
teachers don't give u homework to suffer otherwise they would have to spend the time marking it, they do it for your own beneficial even if you can't see it yet and plus it speeds up time not doing in class when you can progress your leaning more
username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah throughout year 11 i was swamped with homework. some of my friends aiming for 9s didn't do their hw until before the lesson and i always did the hw on time which was a complete waste :rolleyes: unless of course the homework is to move ahead in the textbook or complete essays to mark in class that actually pays off. just revise and get through with it as frustrating as it can be.
Professor Jay
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by graay)
As crazy as it sound, my English teacher pomade us do 50 quizez for homework over the weekend!! She told us that it would only take about 30 min to complete them all, but one quiz can go from 4 min to 12 min, so it would not on earth take 30 min. It took me many hours as I spent Saturday Afternoon and whole of Sunday to complete them, ALONG with many maths, science and French homework!
It’s ridiculous how much homework they can give us and with one teacher once CONFESSING that the teachers in the English department COMPETES on who can give the most homework.
It disgust me
teachers can do that. If I speak out about it, all other teachers would just ignore me
Sometimes when the homework is too much you can call for help from us. But after you have tried it out. I am sure you will have a better understanding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise