When should you start revising for your GCSE Watch

graay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m doing my GCSE’s in 2019 and wondered when I should properly start revising.
I’ve started doing my revision notes + cue cards and all revision essentials most subjects and would probably be done with them before mocks in October.
So with all the revision essentials already done, would February / March be a good time to start the actual revision, meaning revising almost everyday and limit my time with friends on the weekends to a certain amount of time.
SamMed
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think it depends on how close you are to your desired grades. If you are far from them you should start by at least February otherwise there is no point doing proper revision until Easter or maybe even after. As long as you do at least some each week in the months before it should be fine.
lilASDA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
revise now
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by graay)
I’ve started doing my revision notes + cue cards and all revision essentials most subjects and would probably be done with them before mocks in October.
So with all the revision essentials already done, would February / March be a good time to start the actual revision, meaning revising almost everyday and limit my time with friends on the weekends to a certain amount of time.
yes february/march is when i started revising and it really paid off because i felt so relaxed for my actual exams. i mean it's also okay whenever you finish all the content to begin revising. i don't think you need to limit your time with your friends until your actual GCSEs as long as you keep it consistent. revising pays off when it's consistent and accurate (accurate meaning spending your time wisely covering exactly what you don't understand/are least confident in).
Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by graay)
I’ve started doing my revision notes cue cards and all revision essentials most subjects and would probably be done with them before mocks in October.
Revise night before you will thank me later 😂 that’s what I did and I still managed to do everything I wanted to and I’ll probs come out with 6/7 in my GCSE’s which is decent but if you want grade 9 you need to revise now but revision won’t get you grade 9 as you need to know how to approach every question ~ do research ect ... coz revision don’t guarantee the best grades. You need to prepare for every problem ...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You should start as soon as you can, in my opinion. That's because it's much better to do small bits over time, than cram at the end.
it's as if you were preparing for a marathon. You would run maybe 1 hour each day for 6 months, and not spend 20 hours running the day before the marathon, right? Same thing with learning and revising. This blog has some tips on how to create a revision timetable - https://www.kent-teach.com/Blog/post...-learning.aspx
And some websites are very chilled to do, but they actually teach you things about the exams, like Seneca Learning and Educake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads