I keep failing GCSE foundation French...

Watch this thread
username4141510
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Well i keep getting grade 2s and 3s in my French exams. I honestly am gutted about it. I need a 4 to pass. Am i revising all wrong or am i just bad at French. I also do German and pass the higher paper. Can any one suggest ways to get a 4 by January. Any advice would be appreciated.
JustAPerson1122
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
What specifically are you struggling with? Also, which papers are you doing better on (writing, reading listening or speaking)? If you don't know the vocab then you need to find a way of effectively learning it (e.g flashcards). https://www.languagesonline.org.uk/H...toes/Index.htm is also useful.
ridaa.xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i'd suggest learning all your keywords in each possible theme that could come up in your reading, writing, and speaking exam because these words will probably come up a lot. i personally found the listening exam the hardest out of all the others but it wasn't anything too bad tbh. for the listening all i can say is listen to the clips on past papers and try to understand what they're saying as much as you can. past papers for any exams are really helpful. for the speaking my teacher gave us a booklet of questions that she was going to ask and literally all we had to do was answer the questions as best as we could and memorize those answers for the real exam. we also had a woman come in and practise speaking with us a few feeks prior to the exam which was really helpful. you should also have gotten something similar im guessing, if you're doing the edexcel gcse, im not sure what its like for other exam boards.

hope this was helpful x
username4141510
Rep:
(Original post by JustAPerson1122)
What specifically are you struggling with? Also, which papers are you doing better on (writing, reading listening or speaking)? If you don't know the vocab then you need to find a way of effectively learning it (e.g flashcards). https://www.languagesonline.org.uk/H...toes/Index.htm is also useful.
Hi. I tend to get 4s in listening and reading, 3s or 2s in writing and 2s in the speaking. I know enough voab to get a 4 but maybe i need to work on it more.
username4141510
Rep:
(Original post by ridaa.xx)
i'd suggest learning all your keywords in each possible theme that could come up in your reading, writing, and speaking exam because these words will probably come up a lot. i personally found the listening exam the hardest out of all the others but it wasn't anything too bad tbh. for the listening all i can say is listen to the clips on past papers and try to understand what they're saying as much as you can. past papers for any exams are really helpful. for the speaking my teacher gave us a booklet of questions that she was going to ask and literally all we had to do was answer the questions as best as we could and memorize those answers for the real exam. we also had a woman come in and practise speaking with us a few feeks prior to the exam which was really helpful. you should also have gotten something similar im guessing, if you're doing the edexcel gcse, im not sure what its like for other exam boards.

hope this was helpful x
Thank you for resonding. It was helpful and i will do what you suggested with the listening. Thank you.
JustAPerson1122
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm taking higher tier Edexel French and although the speaking isn't easy you can prepare for it. I don't know about foundation (or other exam boards) but as long as you learn vocab for all of the possible topics and you act confident you should be okay (even if your French isn't great just pretend you know what you're talking about . The writing is a pain but I'm sure you can get by as long as you know a decent range of vocab and your tenses.
username4141510
Rep:
I'm taking higher tier Edexel French and although the speaking isn't easy you can prepare for it. I don't know about foundation (or other exam boards) but as long as you learn vocab for all of the possible topics and you act confident you should be okay (even if your French isn't great just pretend you know what you're talking about . The writing is a pain but I'm sure you can get by as long as you know a decent range of vocab and your tenses.
Thank you. Do i need to get all 3 tenses in there what ever i am doing? I am the only one doing foundation in my class so i really want to pass it. Do you know any high scoring thibgs to include or does that not exist?
thenameisedan
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hippo44)
Well i keep getting grade 2s and 3s in my French exams. I honestly am gutted about it. I need a 4 to pass. Am i revising all wrong or am i just bad at French. I also do German and pass the higher paper. Can any one suggest ways to get a 4 by January. Any advice would be appreciated.
Using the app duolingo greatly helped my Spanish abilities, and I am now one of two students that exceed beyond expectations, the other lived in Spain for 12 years. I'd highly recommend using the app as it is like a game, using it when you have nothing else to do, as well as setting time aside for using the app too.
username4141510
Rep:
(Original post by thenameisedan)
Using the app duolingo greatly helped my Spanish abilities, and I am now one of two students that exceed beyond expectations, the other lived in Spain for 12 years. I'd highly recommend using the app as it is like a game, using it when you have nothing else to do, as well as setting time aside for using the app too.
Thank you. I have not used it before so i will definitely give it a go.
JustAPerson1122
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hippo44)
Thank you. Do i need to get all 3 tenses in there what ever i am doing? I am the only one doing foundation in my class so i really want to pass it. Do you know any high scoring thibgs to include or does that not exist?
It really depends on the question in the exam. However, generally speaking, showing knowledge of different tenses can get you high marks xx
username4141510
Rep:
It really depends on the question in the exam. However, generally speaking, showing knowledge of different tenses can get you high marks xx
Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads