The Student Room Group

Unsure what to do about this situation

There was this girl at uni that I liked and was quite sure she liked me back but I didn't do anything because I had slept with a friend of hers a few times so I didn't think she would go with someone that had been with her friend because we are all in the same friendship group. However it turns out she had asked her friend for advice about me a couple of months ago, saying she likes me and doesn't know what to do so her friend told her to move on and get with someone else instead. I've just found this out but since it's the summer I don't know what to do since I live in London and she lives up north so I won't see her over the summer and there's a chance I won't see her at uni next year. What would you do in this scenario?
What do you want to do? If you aren't likely to see her at uni next year and you live at opposite ends of the country, do you think it is worth it to tell her how you feel and start a relationship? Is the time and place right?
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
What do you want to do? If you aren't likely to see her at uni next year and you live at opposite ends of the country, do you think it is worth it to tell her how you feel and start a relationship? Is the time and place right?

I',m not sure what I want, I do quite like her and thing it'd be nice if something could happen but I don;t know. The thing is, at uni I probably could see her quite a bit but it's probably just going to be on nights out.
Original post by Anonymous
I',m not sure what I want, I do quite like her and thing it'd be nice if something could happen but I don;t know. The thing is, at uni I probably could see her quite a bit but it's probably just going to be on nights out.

I see. I assumed when you said you weren't going to see her next year, one of you was graduating, but both of you are still at uni? If you do like her and want something more with her, tell her how you feel.
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
I see. I assumed when you said you weren't going to see her next year, one of you was graduating, but both of you are still at uni? If you do like her and want something more with her, tell her how you feel.

Yeah she's graduated but she's doing a masters so she's sticking around. The thing is if I tell her now I won't be able to see her until the end of September so I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Most true friends would not go with a friends ex. However, you can’t help who you like. I would ask her for a drink as friends and see where it goes.
There was this girl at uni that I liked and was quite sure she liked me back but I didn't do anything because I had slept with a friend of hers a few times so I didn't think she would go with someone that had been with her friend because we are all in the same friendship group. However it turns out she had asked her friend for advice about me a couple of months ago, saying she likes me and doesn't know what to do so her friend told her to move on and get with someone else instead. I've just found this out but since it's the summer I don't know what to do since I live in London and she lives up north so I won't see her over the summer and there's a chance I won't see her at uni next year. What would you do in this scenario?
Reply 6
Original post by 44cugglebear
Most true friends would not go with a friends ex. However, you can’t help who you like. I would ask her for a drink as friends and see where it goes.

I'm not really an ex since it was never a relationship with her friend and the girl I like admitted to another friend that she liked me and this was after I'd slept with her friend.
Reply 7
Yeah she's graduated but she's doing a masters so she's sticking around. The thing is if I tell her now I won't be able to see her until the end of September so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

That is an amazingly short time, compared to the rest of your life. I conclude from that, that you are not seriously interested in her as a potential life partner. In that case, i would advise moving on. If you ARE interested in her as a potential lp, then i WOULD go after a relationship with her, since (according to you), she took up the initiative with the other gal (who probably put her off, because she may have still had feelings for you). Best of luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Rabbit2
That is an amazingly short time, compared to the rest of your life. I conclude from that, that you are not seriously interested in her as a potential life partner. In that case, i would advise moving on. If you ARE interested in her as a potential lp, then i WOULD go after a relationship with her, since (according to you), she took up the initiative with the other gal (who probably put her off, because she may have still had feelings for you). Best of luck!

Why would I need to look at her as a life partner and not just want to see what happens and see where things go? And I think you misunderstood part of my post, she asked advice from a different friend and not the one I have slept with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending