beiweiwei
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone,

I have applied for ATAS once and also received it within 8 working days. Later I got an email from Uni saying that there is a slight change in the syllabus and this is to be corrected in the ATAS certificate. So I re-applied for ATAS on 21st June 2018 with an estimate date of 19th July 2018. It is almost 40 days now and I haven't received it yet. I'm worried as the delay in ATAS granting might delay my visa processing alot. i even mailed the official authorities regarding this but I haven't received any response. What should I do?

Has this happened to someone? If so, what did u do or what will u do?

Thanks in advance.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by beiweiwei)
Hello everyone,

I have applied for ATAS once and also received it within 8 working days. Later I got an email from Uni saying that there is a slight change in the syllabus and this is to be corrected in the ATAS certificate. So I re-applied for ATAS on 21st June 2018 with an estimate date of 19th July 2018. It is almost 40 days now and I haven't received it yet. I'm worried as the delay in ATAS granting might delay my visa processing alot. i even mailed the official authorities regarding this but I haven't received any response. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
You can try ringing but this is a busy time of year so you may just have to wait. Yes it may delay visa processing but there isn't much else you can do. Keep the uni in the loop though.
Cranfield University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This happened to me too, when I applied for an MSc. I sent ATAS emails and was lucky to get a reply. Unfortunately, that did not speed up the process!
First, I would say that your first application was done pretty quickly in 8 working days. Normally, it takes longer than that. While your second application is a "re-application", ATAS are probably going to treat it as a fresh application. I would advise that you contact ATAS and notify them of the deadlines you have. Keep your university in the loop as well. I am sure this should end well. We are still in August, so there is plenty of time.

All the best!
beiweiwei
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cranfield University)
Hi,

This happened to me too, when I applied for an MSc. I sent ATAS emails and was lucky to get a reply. Unfortunately, that did not speed up the process!
First, I would say that your first application was done pretty quickly in 8 working days. Normally, it takes longer than that. While your second application is a "re-application", ATAS are probably going to treat it as a fresh application. I would advise that you contact ATAS and notify them of the deadlines you have. Keep your university in the loop as well. I am sure this should end well. We are still in August, so there is plenty of time.

All the best!
I have mailed them twice but did not receive any reply. I also couldnt find any phone numbers to call on. I did not start my visa application yet bcoz of atas. And for my location it takes atleast 20 to 30 days to get a visa, hence I'm worried. I have also informed the univ regarding the delay.
Cranfield University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have mailed them twice but did not receive any reply. I also couldnt find any phone numbers to call on. I did not start my visa application yet bcoz of atas. And for my location it takes atleast 20 to 30 days to get a visa, hence I'm worried. I have also informed the univ regarding the delay.
Hi,
Yes, I do not think that they have any reachable number. I checked their website and saw this:

"If you have not had a response from us after 20 working days (or after a further 20 working days following submission of additional information) please contact us. We will not respond to emails sent before 20 working days (4 weeks) have passed or if it is less than 20 working days from you submitting additional information "

Also these may be important to you:
1. [email protected]
2."We are unable to provide a telephone service to students, but your HEI may be able to make representations to us on your behalf."

You can ask your HEI (the University) to contact them on your behalf. I am sure that you are not the only one being delayed. If they do by email, ask them to put you in copy. This is a pretty busy time for ATAS/FCO so there may be some unintended delays.

Hope this helps,

Cranfield TSR Rep.
beiweiwei
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cranfield University)
Hi,
Yes, I do not think that they have any reachable number. I checked their website and saw this:

"If you have not had a response from us after 20 working days (or after a further 20 working days following submission of additional information) please contact us. We will not respond to emails sent before 20 working days (4 weeks) have passed or if it is less than 20 working days from you submitting additional information "

Also these may be important to you:
1. [email protected]
2."We are unable to provide a telephone service to students, but your HEI may be able to make representations to us on your behalf."

You can ask your HEI (the University) to contact them on your behalf. I am sure that you are not the only one being delayed. If they do by email, ask them to put you in copy. This is a pretty busy time for ATAS/FCO so there may be some unintended delays.

Hope this helps,

Cranfield TSR Rep.
Thank you so much. I will ask uni to contact them.
k1jodeirri
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
According to the provided information from the university, to apply for a Visa, I should obtain ATAS certificate. I already applied, and I am waiting for the certificate. I would like to know, can I start the Visa application immediately after receiving the ATAS certificate or I have to wait for the university to submit it in my account (or CAS number)?
k1jodeirri
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
According to the provided information from the university, to apply for a Visa, I should obtain ATAS certificate. I already applied, and I am waiting for the certificate. I would like to know, can I start the Visa application immediately after receiving the ATAS certificate or I have to wait for the university to submit it in my account (or CAS number)?
beiweiwei
Rep:
?
If rest of ut docs like cas, sponsor letter from parents, financial docs, transcripts, etc r ready then once u get atas u can apply for visa as the atas number wont be mentioned on cas. Hope this helps 😊😊
Ritchi7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just sent them a email with subject as "urgent and application reference number" they will speed up and send you the decision asap.
Last edited by Ritchi7; 1 week ago
sonet017
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ritchi7)
Just sent them a email with subject as "urgent and application reference number" they will speed up and send you the decision asap.
Did exactly the same, but just got a generic reply ...
Do you think applying again for the same course, same University before the estimated date of 1st application might help in any chance ?
Ritchi7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sonet017)
Did exactly the same, but just got a generic reply ...
Do you think applying again for the same course, same University before the estimated date of 1st application might help in any chance ?
Even i got a generic reply but after 3 days I got the decision mail as a reply to my query email I send first. Also meanwhile I had contacted my University stating the same. They didn't say they could do something to help but it might have had some impact on the atas team.

Hopefully you will get it soon.
Abi_Gunasekaran
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Have u reapplied for the same course and same university???
Abi_Gunasekaran
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Ritchi7)
Even i got a generic reply but after 3 days I got the decision mail as a reply to my query email I send first. Also meanwhile I had contacted my University stating the same. They didn't say they could do something to help but it might have had some impact on the atas team.

Hopefully you will get it soon.
Have u reapplied for the same course and same university??? Whether is it allowed??
Ritchi7
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
No I haven't re-applied. I have applied normally and I got it within 4 weeks. And yes if you are reapplying the same thing please make sure you cancel or ask them to cut off your first one. If incase you want to reapply because you have some corrections you can message them the corrections you need after getting the atas clearance, they will update and send another atas certificate with the corrections ( it will be very fast since you already have attained the atas all they need to do is to make corrections in the word file) so I would say to wait for getting atas and then replying them with the updation.
dgeorge02
Rep:
?
Report 11 hours ago
HelloI am waiting for a decision on my ATAS application for the past 9 weeks and my classes are scheduled to start by 23rd of September. Is there someone else in a similar situation?
Ritchi7
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
(Original post by dgeorge02)
HelloI am waiting for a decision on my ATAS application for the past 9 weeks and my classes are scheduled to start by 23rd of September. Is there someone else in a similar situation?
You must immediately contact [email protected]. I had applied a month back and got it in 4 weeks
sonet017
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
I am the worst sufferer probably for ATAS issue.
My Govt. issued fund for the University but I came to know about ATAS requirement at the dying hour..( in my Offer letter it was written Not required, later it got changed)

If I don't get the ATAS by this week, there will be big trouble waiting for me.

I don't know why the process is so lengthy and why it takes so many days!!
I thought only this sort of red tapes prevail only country like ours..
They don't even speed up any process or pay a minimum attention according to the requirement.

Total HOPELESS
D_1992
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
Try to speak to (or email) the immigration team in your university and explain the situation to them. They might be able to help you as it is the admission team fault. Also, you can check with the admission team if they accept late arrivals (or if you applied for a PhD course you may ask them to defer the start date of the course).Best of luck
Abi_Gunasekaran
Rep:
?
Report 29 minutes ago
(Original post by dgeorge02)
Yes... Im also suffering... waiting for ATAS for 37 working days...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate