Barday
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by GabboV)
I got my ATAS today after 17 working days O.o
That's great. Congratulations.
I wonder why my atas is taking so long. Its been 52 working days now and if i don't receive it today i might lose my offer.
dgeorge02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by GabboV)
I got my ATAS today after 17 working days O.o
Could you please tell me whether ATAS contacted your referees? I am waiting from the past 10 weeks and they have not yet contacted my referees.
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dgeorge02)
Could you please tell me whether ATAS contacted your referees? I am waiting from the past 10 weeks and they have not yet contacted my referees.
I had applied for atas before and they had not contacted by referees back then
D_1992
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
[ltr]If you submitted the application and you have been waiting for more than 20 days, you should ask the immigration team or the international students team in your university to contact ATAS.
You can email them as well but I think it best to ask your university to do it for you. [/ltr]
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by D_1992)
[ltr]If you submitted the application and you have been waiting for more than 20 days, you should ask the immigration team or the international students team in your university to contact ATAS.
You can email them as well but I think it best to ask your university to do it for you. [/ltr]
My university is an ass. I have emailed them and called them countless time requesting them to contact the atas on my behalf but they just won't do it.
Zujajah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Did anyone get your ATAS?
Nope :/
D_1992
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Barday)
My university is an ass. I have emailed them and called them countless time requesting them to contact the atas on my behalf but they just won't do it.
What a shame.
try emailing them and type urgent in the email subject along with you application number and explain to them that your deadline to enroll in the course is approaching.
Hope you get it soon
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What a shame.
try emailing them and type urgent in the email subject along with you application number and explain to them that your deadline to enroll in the course is approaching.
Hope you get it soon
Thanks. I'll email them right away. And hope everything works out fine.
D_1992
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks. I'll email them right away. And hope everything works out fine.
You are welcome.
You can also try emailing or calling the admission team in your university and ask them if they accept late arrivals. Some university do accept late arrivals (they can extend the last date to enroll in your CAS letter) but you will need a late arrival report to be added to the your UKVI record.

Also, If you can afford the super priority visa fees, I would highly recommend using it. You will get your visa within 24 hrs.
Or if you have more than 6-9 working days until the last date of enrollment, go for the priority visa. It is more affordable and you will get the visa within 5 working days.

Also note that if you book a priority or super priority visa, you can go to the application center ahead of your appointment in case you were not able to book an appointment a day or two after the date of submission or if you think you might miss the deadline. However, I would recommend you check that with them before hand.
You can also start filling the application form and have it ready. You will also get a list of the required documents so you can scan them and store them in a folder and upload them later. It will save you some time. Then, when you receive the ATAS, you can pay the IHS and visa fees and book an appointment.

All the best
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You are welcome.
You can also try emailing or calling the admission team in your university and ask them if they accept late arrivals. Some university do accept late arrivals (they can extend the last date to enroll in your CAS letter) but you will need a late arrival report to be added to the your UKVI record.

Also, If you can afford the super priority visa fees, I would highly recommend using it. You will get your visa within 24 hrs.
Or if you have more than 6-9 working days until the last date of enrollment, go for the priority visa. It is more affordable and you will get the visa within 5 working days.

Also note that if you book a priority or super priority visa, you can go to the application center ahead of your appointment in case you were not able to book an appointment a day or two after the date of submission or if you think you might miss the deadline. However, I would recommend you check that with them before hand.
You can also start filling the application form and have it ready. You will also get a list of the required documents so you can scan them and store them in a folder and upload them later. It will save you some time. Then, when you receive the ATAS, you can pay the IHS and visa fees and book an appointment.

All the best
Thank you very much for your suggestions. That was really helpful of you.
dgeorge02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My university had contacted ATAS on my behalf. I sent an email to the head of post graduates admission at my university quoting ATAS. It is written on the website " https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...-the-atas-team " that "We are unable to provide a telephone service to students, but your HEI may be able to make representations to us on your behalf."
But all this went in vein as the ATAS gave the exact same generic reply to the university. So far neither the university nor the ATAS is able to provide any useful information regarding my application. My situation is very demoralizing and frustrating. I had the opportunity to choose another institute outside the UK, as my study program is jointly conducted by 4 universities.
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My university had contacted ATAS on my behalf. I sent an email to the head of post graduates admission at my university quoting ATAS. It is written on the website " https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...-the-atas-team " that "We are unable to provide a telephone service to students, but your HEI may be able to make representations to us on your behalf."
But all this went in vein as the ATAS gave the exact same generic reply to the university. So far neither the university nor the ATAS is able to provide any useful information regarding my application. My situation is very demoralizing and frustrating. I had the opportunity to choose another institute outside the UK, as my study program is jointly conducted by 4 universities.
I'm in a very similar situation. I had rejected another university which was providing me a decent scholarship to choose this course and university but now its all stuck up due to this atas nuisance!
D_1992
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
So sad Hope you get it soon

It is good though that you program is run by 4 different universities.

I needed a correction in my ATAS certificate and the university helped me as I contacted the ATAS team and they asked me to reapply again. However, when the immigration team in my university contacted them, they corrected it within 3 working days . It might depends on the university then or the officer who handles you ATAS request/email.

Good luck with your studies
Last edited by D_1992; 4 months ago
dgeorge02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I received ATAS right now. Hopefully all of you will get soon.
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Many many Congratulations. That must jave been surely a relief to you. Did you received it now because Its already pass 5 pm in uk?
dgeorge02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Many many Congratulations. That must jave been surely a relief to you. Did you received it now because Its already pass 5 pm in uk?
Received 40 minutes ago.
Zujajah
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Congratulations 👍
D_1992
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Congratulations
Zujajah
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Received 40 minutes ago.
Are you in UK or you still have to apply for VISA?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (377)
67.32%
No (183)
32.68%

Watched Threads