Government prison strategy

Watch
richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The government wants to lower the number of prisoners. No more short sentences and females not going to jail but support centres. Will this strategy work? Will more prisons close?
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OK. If this is actually credible then what sexism is this! I mean really. If this was an idea from someone it would not work. I mean what if a female had a much worse criminal record than a man and that female go into a support centre whilst that man has to go to prison.
Strength
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by monkeyman0121)
OK. If this is actually credible then what sexism is this! I mean really. If this was an idea from someone it would not work. I mean what if a female had a much worse criminal record than a man and that female go into a support centre whilst that man has to go to prison.
Also, more women will think they could get away with crimes far more easily so might be less worried about doing criminal acts.
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Strength)
Also, more women will think they could get away with crimes far more easily so might be less worried about doing criminal acts.
That was one of my first initial things that I think is wrong with that system. No jail time for harsh crimes for women, means women are going to take a lot more risks because there is much less consequences.

I mean if you were told you could steal from somewhere and you would not get prosecuted or have jail time I guarantee a lot of people would go for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.72%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (67)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.55%

Watched Threads