does anybody know of any good websites for primary resources for history coursework?

Watch
annabonner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am trying to start my history coursework for A-level about the reasons for the rise of Hitler. I have three main points which are economy, weimar and propaganda. I have to use both secondary and primary resources and im okay with the secondary because of websites like History Today etc, but really stuggling about where i can find primary resources. Anyone know? Thanks guys xx
LukeT2000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Visit a museum that is primary research or interviews
elisevanderwiel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by annabonner)
I am trying to start my history coursework for A-level about the reasons for the rise of Hitler. I have three main points which are economy, weimar and propaganda. I have to use both secondary and primary resources and im okay with the secondary because of websites like History Today etc, but really stuggling about where i can find primary resources. Anyone know? Thanks guys xx

When you do your reading you should come across primary sources. Good books to start with are Richard J Evans's trilogy on the Third Reich, Ian Kershaw's Hitler Myth and perhaps even Alan Bullock's Hitler: A Study in Tyranny which are well researched and provided plenty of primary sources. For sites you could try the German national archive depending on your German skills.

I like your structure however don't forgot that your coursework needs to cover a minimum of eighty years so perhaps it might be worth combining Weimar and the economy into one factor and then add another factor. For this you will need to have a look ar at Germany's developments since 1833. I personally would suggest the rise of nationalism which can be tied nicely into propaganda (Have a look at the Sonderweg theory which gives more insight into this and thus perhaps allows you to cover the necessary hundred years)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads