The Student Room Group

Prep for Year 11

I am going into year 11 this September. I am a high achieving student who got 7-9s in year 10 mocks. In my GCSEs I’d like to achieve all 8s/9s. I’ve taken an Alevel in a language too and Latin and another language gcse in year 8 both at grade A*. Would anyone be willing to give advice how to prepare for this year and keep it as stress free as possible ? Any replies would be appreciated.
so you've already done the a-level in the language?
well done on your grades! as long as you don't slack off this year you'll get through gcses just fine.
i'd recommend finishing your revision notes this summer so when it comes to mocks you can start revising straightaway. if you really want to do revision this summer keep it light and don't exhaust yourself before the year starts. don't procrastinate, do the work and prepare for all the mocks so you're not stressed. it'll help you when it comes to the real thing as you already have the work ethic down and have already done revision beforehand so you're not revising for the first time.
Thank you for the reply. Yes I have , I did AS last year and got an A. This year I did A2 and I am expected to get an A* in the language. Thank you, I will do as you’ve suggested and finish making notes for all the courses and make sure to get a bit of a head start for year 11, but not doing too much work and mainly relaxing ! I will also prepare for mocks like the real thing, but try not to panic too much. Thanks again for the reply, very helpful !
When you are making your notes, try to add some visual elements to it, as it helps your memory. Like using colour coded notes, or mind maps, or drawing a diagram. Flashcards are also a good way to write notes and you already have them ready for next year.
Lastly - Tassomai, Seneca Learning and Quizlet all have practice questions, which is a nice and not-too-stressful thing to do during Summer, but good preparation for mocks
Thank you for your reply. I’m planning on making all the flash cards and brushing up on bits of all subjects that I don’t understand from Year 10. Then getting a small head start to year 11 work. Also I’m going to be using quizlet to learn all the Spanish vocabulary, English quotes and RE references, so I don’t need to spend too much time doing so In Year 11.

Quick Reply

Latest