Masters in Research Methods in Psychology ? Is it worth it

Watch
willtomeaning
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm an international student from India, and I wish to apply for a PhD abroadIn my bachelor's and master's I was not able to complete a thesis, and don't have any expertise in Quant and Qual Analysis.I'm worried about applying to this course because of associated expenses.they are quite expensive, and that's the reason why I'm unable to make a decision.Please please help
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by willtomeaning)
I'm an international student from India, and I wish to apply for a PhD abroadIn my bachelor's and master's I was not able to complete a thesis, and don't have any expertise in Quant and Qual Analysis.I'm worried about applying to this course because of associated expenses.they are quite expensive, and that's the reason why I'm unable to make a decision.Please please help
Firstly, do you wish to work in the UK when you're qualified? And you're wishing to become a research psychologist?
A masters degree usually involves writing a thesis so you would likely have that experience with a UK masters. Yes, they can be expensive, so you need to know exactly what you're planning to do with it afterwards. If you wish to work in the UK afterwards, your previous qualifications should preferably be BPS accredited, but you can do a conversion course to be accepted, as you need to become a chartered psychologist that is registered with the BPS to practice as one.
This page will give you information on the MRes in Psychology. And this page will tell you in general terms about Master's degrees in the UK - I'd recommend browsing the website in general as they have a lot of clear and useful information.
willtomeaning
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by hannxm)
Firstly, do you wish to work in the UK when you're qualified? And you're wishing to become a research psychologist?
A masters degree usually involves writing a thesis so you would likely have that experience with a UK masters. Yes, they can be expensive, so you need to know exactly what you're planning to do with it afterwards. If you wish to work in the UK afterwards, your previous qualifications should preferably be BPS accredited, but you can do a conversion course to be accepted, as you need to become a chartered psychologist that is registered with the BPS to practice as one.
This page will give you information on the MRes in Psychology. And this page will tell you in general terms about Master's degrees in the UK - I'd recommend browsing the website in general as they have a lot of clear and useful information.
Hey thank you so much for your words and help.
I was hoping to use this course to get a PhD later on . In Uk or elsewhere in Europe. I did not have a dissertation in either Bachelor's or Master's . I was hoping to study this course to both make my application strong and find research jobs in my country or anywhere in Europe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (687)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (863)
42.53%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (388)
19.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed