The Student Room Group

Mobile Phone Contracts

My phone is due for an upgrade in September, and right now, for an iPhone 6 Plus on O2, it's £38.94 a month, with unlimited calls and texts and 3 GB of data. I'm unsure as to whether this is good or not, but I only have one more month to pay anyway. Is anyone using an iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X and has quite a cheap contract? Also, are there any deals for students?

Thanks!
Original post by meganbarnes1805
My phone is due for an upgrade in September, and right now, for an iPhone 6 Plus on O2, it's £38.94 a month, with unlimited calls and texts and 3 GB of data. I'm unsure as to whether this is good or not, but I only have one more month to pay anyway. Is anyone using an iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X and has quite a cheap contract? Also, are there any deals for students?

Thanks!

Phone contracts for major companies are way too high now - and it's not really worth paying so much money for 24 months (especially as a student!). I prefer buying refurbished phones (if you prefer buying phones outright instead of contracts) as you can save £100s compared to a brand new phone.
I myself got a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S8 for £330, but it was basically brand new - it even had the plastic around the phones and accessories!
If you don't want to pay the entire amount, I recommend something like https://www.giffgaff.com/mobile-phones/pre-owned who do pre-owned phones for cheap monthly contracts on used phones. If you take a look on their website, they also do brand new phones if that's more your thing!
Hope this helps! 😊
EE have the S9 for 43 a month and 50 upfront so your iPhone 6 is kind of expensive - iPhones on EE vary from 33 a month for an SE to 78 a month for X both no upfront cost
Reply 3
That IPhone 6 plus deal is stupid, there's way better deals available
My phone is due for an upgrade in September too - I'm keeping the phone (iPhone 5s) as I can't afford a new one yet but swapping to a GiffGaff SIM only deal as it works out a lot cheaper than what I'm paying per month on my current contract. Then when I'm working again and can afford a new phone, I'll buy one second hand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending