The Student Room Group

Kids shows that got ruined...

Is there any kids shows that you liked when you were younger that have been changed for the worse over the years?
For example, bob the builder.
My sister used to watch it all the time (i was slightly too old to watch it but used to watch it with her). Ive seen a bit of the new ones and its been totally ruined. The original was good. Now the new one is all animated with all new characters, What is that ****?

Scroll to see replies

Scrooby Doo - the animation looks horrible now.
Teletubbies maybe? The little demon spawn were totally unnecessary
Reply 3
Ben 10

I used to love the original series, but then they made a horrible reboot. It looks so childish and in comparison.
Reply 4
I remember being very disappointed as a child when Noddy was revamped.
Reply 5
Thomas the Tank Engine.
Original post by Beth_H
I remember being very disappointed as a child when Noddy was revamped.

The original noddy was legend.
Teen titans. Enough said.
Reply 8
pokemon

wtf happened to Ash's face?
Wolfblood, favourite show on CBBC in primary school but the latest season is just horrible in my opinion and they changed much of the cast.
The Simpsons, if the series was ever a show for kids.

Original post by FutureMissMRCS

Scooby Doo was always horrible, even the oldest cartoons. -.-"
Original post by Kallisto

😊I always liked the mysteries. The old animation was okay but the new one is just weird!
Thats so raven. Now it’s called ravens home and its the most unfunniest thing ever
😊I always liked the mysteries. The old animation was okay but the new one is just weird!

Best mystery series: Goosebumbs, a real series which was not really intended for children, but entertaining as hell in this age. Got even some nightmares.
Best mystery series: Goosebumbs, a real series which was not really intended for children, but entertaining as hell in this age. Got even some nightmares.

Never watched goosebumps-I was a real wuss as a child and still am to an extent... I don't really like watching horrors and scary things.
Tom and Jerry :colonhash:
beyblade...enough said :lol: (G-revolutions was awsome, everything afterwards makes me wonder why make it)

transformers - grew up with beast wars / machines. robots in disguise (anime not western cartoon) was cringe, armada I had a soft spot for (last transformers before I became a teen), then it became crap till prime...and they ruined it again after prime ended.

spider-man - as a kid I had the 90s spidey series, as a teen, I had the spectacular spider-man. sadly when the latter got cancelled due to disney taking over marvel (and sony getting peeved), disney comissioned ultimate spider-man (shudders)

DCAU - the dc animated universe as a kid was awsome, the replacement is lame.

The Simpsons, if the series was ever a show for kids.

there was 1 which came out when I was in year 10 called shaggy, scooby doo get a clue. I enjoyed it for some reason ( I have an affinity for mad scientists)

Not gonna lie,I still read even now sometimes,they were a big part of my childhood and they bring back feels .I always enjoyed the twist at the end.
Reply 19
Modern 3D animation on cartoons is terrible, can only be a cost saving exercise.

Quick Reply

Latest