Is it possible to write a 3600 word essay in two days?

Watch
laikatheghostdog
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've done the majority of the research and devised an essay plan, although it's not very detailed.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In theory, you could have it done within the hour if you've done the research and you know what you want to do. When I was in university I once did a 15k paper in about two days, though I wouldn't recommend it.
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It really depends on what you call a detailed plan or essay plan. I like having a proper plan laid out before I start. Then it just falls into place and i can easily write a couple thousand words. Depends how important the piece is. If you need to do it just to pass then meh easy. If it's an essay to get you into uni, then it's not so easy imo!
Good luck nonetheless
Bailey_2018
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If I were you try to do 2,000 in day 1 and proof read then day two wake up early and do the 1,600 and proof read. Have a break and then proof read it in full. Use words to extend like 'can not' instead of 'can't' sounds obvious but i have done this.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe but you better get started right away.
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol I've seen people do 3000 words on the train to and from an away game on a Wednesday afternoon and finish the referencing at pre-s before going out.
BillyUniStudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree with UWS. Get started on it now and make sure you motivate yourself, tell yourself that you can do it.Break the work down in easy and achievable targets, for example over the course of 48 hours you would need to complete 75 words an hour to complete your essay of course you need to sleep in between so the figure would change slightly.My best bit of advice, turn your mobile phone to silent and give yourself a reward to look forward to, this will motivate you to complete your assignment.
Yeahwhat
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its possible, but an excellent grade? Don't know bout that
laikatheghostdog
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm in my 2nd year and I just need to get a pass.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, some really helpful tips. I really appreciate it!
xBasedChris
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It is absolutely possible. The most I've written in a single day is 10,000 words, over say 5 hours (not of straight typing, mixing in research and breaks).
dsmith23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Instead of creating a thread, how about you actually start writing it. You could've gotten half way through it by now.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wrote my 12,000 word dissertation in one day, plus proofreading and referencing, and got 60% for it. Not the best grade but I was happy with it considering!

Data collection took an hour, data analysis took longer than the actual writing, but was still done within a day.
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes you can do it be focused good luck!
Quixote.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you've done the research then you should be able to do it no problem.

I finished two 2000 word essays in 24 hours a couple of months ago, having only done a little of the research. It was careless of me to leave both until the last minute, we'd had a couple of months to do them, but I had all but passed the modules by that point. I got over 60% for them in the end, which if anything was pretty encouraging considering how little time went into them.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
As we had someone do their dissertation live on TSR in about 3 days, then something c 1/3 the size should be possible.
JoshDawg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by laikatheghostdog)
I've done the majority of the research and devised an essay plan, although it's not very detailed.
Easy. With 80% of research but knowledge of where to look and making a plan partly as I went I managed to write 10k words in 9-10 hours.

I'd advise not leaving it till 10 hours before though get writing it now, about 300 words in you'll be in a real writing mode ready to bash out some work. When that writing mode begins to peter out maybe take a break and finish the rest off afterwards.
In One Ear
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
In theory, you could have it done within the hour if you've done the research and you know what you want to do. When I was in university I once did a 15k paper in about two days, though I wouldn't recommend it.
I mean 3600 words in a single hour is pretty unrealistic lol... Thats a consistent 60wpm (which most people struggle to type much faster than accurately anyway with proper punctuation and formatting) assuming an absolutely continuous flow and you don't stop typing for a second. Everyone needs pauses to think what they want to say next from time to time, check the whole body of work is logically structured as a whole etc etc.

Now in 2-3 hours? Sure very possible...loads of people do that sort of **** on the regular I'm sure (I have as well). Its much easier to do 15k in two days (lets say you need to sleep 12 of those hours, leaving you 36 hours or so...which would translate to doing ~417 words an hour instead of 3600 words on hour lol). Still though 15k in two days to a decent standard is a LOT of work though.

But yeah 3600 words in 2 days? That's super easy and I don't know why anyone would ever stress over that...
Federerr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lightwork. I did 23k in 2 days mate. Got 87% lool
H.a.hx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, ofcourse it is. Good luck!
Ol94
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i had to write 3k in two days and it was a killer. i got up at 9am each day and had a 3am cut off so i just wrote as much as i could with breaks in between until 3am. then used the following morning until 3pm to complete it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (21)
7.92%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.34%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.36%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (75)
28.3%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed