The Student Room Group

Retaken gcses?

Can tou redo your gcses even if you got all good grades like As?

What would be the time period after the gcse to practise ,or are you able to do it any time ?

Would you know if the new redone gcse would work (written as your result) even if it s lower then the original?
(edited 5 years ago)
Why would you want to redo them?. The resists are in november that’s all i know sorry
Original post by Searcher1
Can tou redo your gcses even if you got all good grades like As?

What would be the time period after the gcse to practise ,or are you able to do it any time ?

Would you know if the new redone gcse would work (written as your result) even if it s lower then the original?

Yes if you wish but you have to pay for them.
Depends which GCSE subject. Maths and English you can redo in November with the rest you have to wait till next summer to sit.
You can carry forward coursework. If you dont want to then you need to find someone willing to mark and that means paying extra.
Resitting a grade A would imo be entirely pointless.
If you already got a pass, and just wanted a higher grade, you can, but you would have to pay for it all. The resits are held in November for some subjects, and others are held in Summer again.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Yes if you wish but you have to pay for them.
Depends which GCSE subject. Maths and English you can redo in November with the rest you have to wait till next summer to sit.
You can carry forward coursework. If you dont want to then you need to find someone willing to mark and that means paying extra.
Resitting a grade A would imo be entirely pointless.

OK thank you
OK thank you

It will cost you c £50 if its just exams and the school lets you resit using their facilities.

It will cost c £150-225 if you sit it at a private exam centre.
Reply 6
It will cost you c £50 if its just exams and the school lets you resit using their facilities.

It will cost c £150-225 if you sit it at a private exam centre.

Can you try couple of times?
Can you try couple of times?

If you have the money they will be happy to take it.
Reply 8
You can re-sit as often as you like (but as other posters have said, Maths and English Language are available in November and the Summer and everything else is available only in the Summer).

You receive a certificate every time you take the GCSE and each one will show the grade you achieved that time so could be higher, lower or the same as the time before. If you apply to university you have to declare all attempts but for other jobs you could probably just give the better/best attempt.
Reply 9
So Universities just look at that first, original GCSE list? The new ones for money, will not be accepted by them?
So Universities just look at that first, original GCSE list? The new ones for money, will not be accepted by them?

You have to declare them all (and they can check so don't risk missing one out), so presumably they look at them all.
Why would you want to resit them??
Reply 12
I want to resit them because I want to go to a good Uni, and I don't want to have bad GCSEs which will cancel everything else.
What grades do you have?
Which ones are you intending to resit?
What about your current studies?
Just a random question, can you resit a gcse (one that you’re not taking for a level) at the same time as being in year 12 preparing for a level
Reply 15
What grades do you have?
Which ones are you intending to resit?
What about your current studies?

I do not know as I am in year 10.
I do not know as I am in year 10.

Why are you even asking about it then? Just pass first time.
Original post by Purplebottle
Just a random question, can you resit a gcse (one that you’re not taking for a level) at the same time as being in year 12 preparing for a level

Yes.
I want to resit them because I want to go to a good Uni, and I don't want to have bad GCSEs which will cancel everything else.

You'd be better off concentrating on getting the best possible A level grades.

Quick Reply

Latest