The Student Room Group

Lolita/J-Fashion in College? (+general)

Are there any other lolita's or jfashion wearers on here? I'm curious about what I should wear when I first start college in September, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience in wearing lolita at school?
As well as lolita clothing, I'm thinking of getting some stuff from WC and Candy Stripper

Also just talk about jfashion if you want
b25af4778f5bb0a89c542c912c05aacc.jpg
You'd get a lot of attention for it. Some people might make fun of you, especially if you go for pastel styles like the photo you've shared. It's considered more childish by UK fashion standards. But if you've a hard skin and you don't care what people think then all the more power to you. :yes:

I was involved in the gaijin gyaru scene age 18-24, with some hime coords that ventured more into lolita-inspired. I'd get quite a lot of comments on the way I dressed from "cute", "doll-like" and "you look like an anime character!", all the way to "flashy", "slut", and "you look like a San Andreas hooker". While no longer in that scene I still incorporate a lot of the clothing (especially from Diable Baiser and Ghost of Harlem) into my looks now. :h:
Reply 2
Just so you know, you may be made fun of for it. Be prepared for a LOT of staring, whispering, laughing, insults, jokes, or people taking photos of you and taking the mick out of you. I’m all for everyone being able to wear whatever they want and express themselves but you have to be prepared for people to judge you, no matter what you look like. Here are some “softer” lolita / kawaii outfit inspo if you ever wanted to wear something that won’t attract too much attention:
07D8E645-8A8F-41F3-961B-F5DF723851A2.png
7BB60271-DF9D-4790-812C-86A0451AF6BD.jpeg
9F8859EF-CE57-47C6-9DED-B40CED63581C.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending