Simulife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm 26 and want to start learning in science I did get a C in GCSE years ago but wondering if I'm to old now to get a career in science, like how long would it take, what paths are there. Thanks
hellohellothere
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
its never too late, youre going to have to get some sort of a level to actually get a degree at university so be prepared to work hard. i think you should speak to some sort of careers adviser about it as they would direct you to suitable colleges/other places you could go to do a degree in the sciences
Simulife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by hellohellothere)
its never too late, youre going to have to get some sort of a level to actually get a degree at university so be prepared to work hard. i think you should speak to some sort of careers adviser about it as they would direct you to suitable colleges/other places you could go to do a degree in the sciences
Thanks well I've been looking around and found out about a combined science igcse, is this the same as the GCSE I got from school or would I need this for A level
Ljg2015
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Simulife)
Thanks well I've been looking around and found out about a combined science igcse, is this the same as the GCSE I got from school or would I need this for A level
iGCSEs are typically the same as GCSEs with some minor changes content wise. If you're looking to go into a particular area then do separate science. Combined is very easy and misses out alot of things, they're usually meant for students who aren't necessarily looking for an academic career. But yes, do a science or two of the ones you're interested in along with maths and possibly an english GCSE. Then do 3 A levels which would support your university application (I'm a physics student so I did physics, chemsitry and maths a levels). Then apply through UCAS to your chosen universities. So the GCSEs you could get done in a year, the a levels typically take two years. Then an undergraduate degree would be either 3 or 4 years (3 for BSc, 4 for MSc)
Ridinghigh95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m 28 I’ve just done an access course imgoing to study biology at uni in sept
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.73%
Excited but a bit nervous (110)
45.45%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.22%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.6%

Watched Threads