The Student Room Group

Can he sue my dad

So my dad was working for this man for a year then quit in December and the job finder company who gave him the job is now saying his old boss is going to sue him but my dad didn’t do anything wrong it was the person who worked there before him who did the accounts wrong and my dad didn’t touch those accounts and also his boss was very dodgy everyone who would work for him quit and he even shaved off his hair to pass a DRUG TEST and my dad got a text from another branch of the same company to call them asap we don’t know if its becuse of his old boss suing him or becuse he applied for more jobs there and my dad said hes not going to call them back

Any help please
Original post by Pisces42
So my dad was working for this man for a year then quit in December and the job finder company who gave him the job is now saying his old boss is going to sue him but my dad didn’t do anything wrong it was the person who worked there before him who did the accounts wrong and my dad didn’t touch those accounts and also his boss was very dodgy everyone who would work for him quit and he even shaved off his hair to pass a DRUG TEST and my dad got a text from another branch of the same company to call them asap we don’t know if its becuse of his old boss suing him or becuse he applied for more jobs there and my dad said hes not going to call them back

Any help please

Your dad's old boss can't really do anything if there is no evidence to prove that your dad is in the wrong.
Reply 2
Best advice is talk to a solicitor

But a general rule is, always need evidence or u can't sue/ won't stand in court.
Always need evidence so in this case proof your dad messed with the accounts, since he didn't there's no proof so if he does sue nothing will happen to your dad.

Your dad could even contact his old boss and threaten to report the dodgy behaviour (mention to solicitor) and in this case evidence could potentially be found and since it's dodgy the last thing he'd want is any officials sniffing around

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending