Facebook is stressing me out

Watch
Baby_Grey
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When I log out from Facebook on my laptop it says I'm still logged in and people send me messages saying I'm ignoring them. I dont have Facebook on my phone because it takes up too much room and kills my data. I dont even have facebook on my iPad because that's strictly for films and Music

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you sure you logged out of Facebook on all devices? Might just be a technical problem. Do you have the Messenger App on your phone? Perhaps it is this which shows you are online?
Baby_Grey
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Are you sure you logged out of Facebook on all devices? Might just be a technical problem. Do you have the Messenger App on your phone? Perhaps it is this which shows you are online?
I LITERALLY just said I only use Facebook on my laptop, because the facebook app on my phone takes up too much room and uses up too much data
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"Active now" has caused so many problems for people - and the fact that it's not always accurate is even worse.

My boyfriend never closes apps when he locks his phone, so if someone has sent him a message he will read it and reply, but then lock his phone with the message screen still on. If he gets another message while the app is still open in that way, it shows he's active, even though his phone could be in a different room.

I don't know how you can solve the issue, but I do wish Facebook would give us the option to turn it off.
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Baby_Grey)
I LITERALLY just said I only use Facebook on my laptop, because the facebook app on my phone takes up too much room and uses up too much data
Yes I know, I was just asking in case you had the Messenger app, which is different to the Facebook app!

Sounds like a technical problem. Let the people who are contacting you know that you aren't ignoring them, it is a problem with Facebook.
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When I log out from Facebook on my laptop it says I'm still logged in and people send me messages saying I'm ignoring them. I dont have Facebook on my phone because it takes up too much room and kills my data. I dont even have facebook on my iPad because that's strictly for films and Music

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong?
if you have logged on on a computer or someone elses phone somwhere then it coudl still be logged on go to into settings and check
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Make sure you're not logged in anywhere else.
Go to settings and then security and log in. It will tell you where you are logged on.

Otherwise just do as the above have suggested, tell people you aren't ignoring them and its a problem with fb
Baby_Grey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Simone250900)
if you have logged on on a computer or someone elses phone somwhere then it coudl still be logged on go to into settings and check
I dont go on facebook on other people's phones, I just mainly use my laptop. It's kind of rude to just pick someone's phone up and log into your facebook like you own the device
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I dont go on facebook on other people's phones, I just mainly use my laptop. It's kind of rude to just pick someone's phone up and log into your facebook like you own the device
I didn’t say you were rude and picked up someone’s device😂😂😂 I meant like on holiday in a library or your phone is dead and you borrowed friends that sort of thing 😂😂😂😂
The Scotfather
Badges: 18
Report 3 years ago
When you are on facebook and about to log off go to: Chat>Settings/Gearstick>Turn Off Active Status.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The Scotfather)
When you are on facebook and about to log off go to: Chat>Settings/Gearstick>Turn Off Active Status.
This only stops you as showing online on the chat tab. You will still have a timestamp for last active on Messenger.
The Scotfather
Report 3 years ago
https://www.facebook.com/help/commun...54330712760007
Baby_Grey
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Scotfather)
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm going to try this
The Scotfather
Report 3 years ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm going to try this
Also look at the link I also posted just incase what the other person said is true.
firemyst
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm pretty sure Facebook used to have an option to "log out of all devices".

Have you tried this?
Hamez1738
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What's happened is there is a delay with facebook it happens all the time I haven't used messenger for a good 4 hours and it says I'm active, it's just a bug with the facebook script.
Baby_Grey
Rep:
?
(Original post by firemyst)
I'm pretty sure Facebook used to have an option to "log out of all devices".

Have you tried this?
I only use one device - My laptop, I dont have it on my phone and I don't use other people's phones and/or laptops to go on Facebook, I dont even use my iPad for it, I've explained that in my post
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads