Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If someone were to resit their A level exams/retake their Year 13 year (so it would be Year 14) and reapply for 2019 entry would this be allowed? Especially with extenuating circumstances? And would the offer / entry requirements be made higher ie from AAB to AAA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiki213)
    If someone were to resit their A level exams/retake their Year 13 year (so it would be Year 14) and reapply for 2019 entry would this be allowed? Especially with extenuating circumstances? And would the offer / entry requirements be made higher ie from AAB to AAA?
    You’d have to contact the university directly for a definite answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    You’d have to contact the university directly for a definite answer.
    Ok thank you if I miss my offer for Lancaster, should I call them and ask if I can reapply for next year or accept another course there? They don’t offer foundation degrees unfortunately but they do accept Access to higher education diplomas for the course that I’m applying for

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you if I miss my offer for Lancaster, should I call them and ask if I can reapply for next year or accept another course there? They don’t offer foundation degrees unfortunately but they do accept Access to higher education diplomas for the course that I’m applying for
    I don’t think you’d need to ask to re-apply but you can call them if you miss your offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    I don’t think you’d need to ask to re-apply but you can call them if you miss your offer.
    Ok thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I resat my A-levels and got accepted below the usual entry requirements, so I'd say your chances are pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben789)
    I resat my A-levels and got accepted below the usual entry requirements, so I'd say your chances are pretty good.
    What were the original entry requirements and how many exams did you have to resit? Did you have to go back to your old school? Also how much was it and did Lancaster raise the entry requirements by a grade or 2?

ReputationRep:
    What were the original entry requirements and how many exams did you have to resit? Did you have to go back to your old school? Also how much was it and did Lancaster raise the entry requirements by a grade or 2?
    Okay so I am currently studying the maths bsc. I didn't do great in my A-levels first time around so I went back to my old school and asked the exams officer if I could resit two of my a-levels there (maths and further maths), I studied for these part time whilst working and as they were 100% exam based I just turned up and sat them at my old school with the current students, I think it was around £20 per module, I resat 12 in total. I also knew someone who did something similar to me but as they took biology they had a lab component which the school allowed them to come in and do independently at the biology teachers discretion.

The entry requirements for my course say AAB if you have further maths. They gave me an offer of AA in the two a-levels I was resitting and I achieved AB. I also had a C in product design and a distinciton in ICT from when I first attended sixth form so they took that into account aswell. But if you take into account my overall grades of ABC and a distinction, it's a bit below AAB. So in your case, I think an extra year to resit would be absolutely fine with them and you could probably expect the same entry requirements.

I hope that helps

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.