The Student Room Group

Police Now Application for 2019

Applications for the 2019 intake for Police Now opens in just over two weeks. Was hoping to get some insight and advice from other participants and applicants. Would like to know good ways to boost my application and what to expect which maybe isn't covered on the website.
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

I'm currently applying for this!
Im struggling regarding showing them proof of results so far, do you request a form from your university?
I've got to submit the Reasoning tests? Any advice on their difficulty? I'm worried about that more than the other stages xD
Reply 3
Original post by Emily_Mill
I've got to submit the Reasoning tests? Any advice on their difficulty? I'm worried about that more than the other stages xD

I found the maths one hard but passed. Did the video interview a week ago and waiting to hear back! Where are you up to? :-)
Original post by Sophietay96
I found the maths one hard but passed. Did the video interview a week ago and waiting to hear back! Where are you up to? :-)

Yes I have passed too...any advice for the video interview? Is it hard?
Reply 5
Yes I have passed too...any advice for the video interview? Is it hard?

I’d say look over the competencies and know what they are looking for in a candidate. Nothing came up which I wouldn’t have expected 😊
I’d say look over the competencies and know what they are looking for in a candidate. Nothing came up which I wouldn’t have expected 😊

Thankyou, Good luck hope you hear back from them soon :smile:
Reply 7
Thankyou, Good luck hope you hear back from them soon :smile:

Thank you! Good luck to you too! 😊
Thank you! Good luck to you too! 😊

Just done my video interview before was quite hard felt like I repeated myself a lot, have you heard back?
Glad to find more people applying for this! I did my video interview today and really can’t tell how it went - I felt I had good ideas but not sure I expressed myself well and had a technical issue with the written part which threw me off! But I guess we’ll see :smile:
Reply 10
Just done my video interview before was quite hard felt like I repeated myself a lot, have you heard back?

I’m sure it went better than you think! 😊 I felt I repeated myself too. Not heard anything yet!
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Glad to find more people applying for this! I did my video interview today and really can’t tell how it went - I felt I had good ideas but not sure I expressed myself well and had a technical issue with the written part which threw me off! But I guess we’ll see :smile:

Yes that’s how I feel too!! - I think I came across okay but just cannot tell as you can’t watch it back, the written bit was quite hard, it’s hard to talk to someone that isn’t there! Now for the waiting around
Reply 12
Yes that’s how I feel too!! - I think I came across okay but just cannot tell as you can’t watch it back, the written bit was quite hard, it’s hard to talk to someone that isn’t there! Now for the waiting around

Yeah definitely haha! I found the written bit the hardest too!
Reply 13
Just got an email to say I passed the video interview!
Fab!!!! How long did it take them to respond then?
Reply 15
Fab!!!! How long did it take them to respond then?

11 days, I was getting nervous haha!
11 days, I was getting nervous haha!

Aghhhhhh! No thats so mean
Reply 17
Aghhhhhh! No thats so mean

Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!
Reply 18
I just got an offer for an assessment centre! Still waiting for the details though
Original post by OC679
I just got an offer for an assessment centre! Still waiting for the details though

Congrats! When did you complete your interview??

Quick Reply

Latest