The Student Room Group

i want to go to aston university for law...?

hey!
thanks for taking the time to read this... so basically i want to go to aston uni or some top unis for studying a law degree to go further on into business law, family law etc but im predicted, if im not wrong, CCC.
would it be possible to go to aston or any other unis?
im studying
LAW
PSYCHOLOGY
ENGLISH LANG/LIT

also, what could i do with these subjects and earn more or less the same as a solicitor.
thank you
Simran
Original post by unillama
hey!
thanks for taking the time to read this... so basically i want to go to aston uni or some top unis for studying a law degree to go further on into business law, family law etc but im predicted, if im not wrong, CCC.
im studying
LAW
PSYCHOLOGY
ENGLISH LANG/LIT

also, what could i do with these subjects and earn more or less the same as a solicitor.
thank you
Simran

Aston ask for AAB/ABB. Lowest I've seen anywhere is BBB? Could be wrong.

I believe when applying for TCs you're asked for your A-Level grades too, and CCC isn't competitive at all.
Hey,

I've moved this to the Law forum :h:

@Aston University can you help? :smile:

hey!
im studying
LAW
PSYCHOLOGY
ENGLISH LANG/LIT

thank you
Simran
hey!
im studying
LAW
PSYCHOLOGY
ENGLISH LANG/LIT

thank you
Simran

I got rejected from Aston with BBB. It's highly unlikely they would take CCC.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Aston ask for AAB/ABB. Lowest I've seen anywhere is BBB? Could be wrong.

I believe when applying for TCs you're asked for your A-Level grades too, and CCC isn't competitive at all.

I have some entry data from Aston for law. Seems as if 80% have grades lower than BBB on matriculation; I would suspect this goes all the way down to CCC.

Only thing OP can do is apply and see what they say.
I recall our entry requirement for law dropping to BBB last year for clearing, but have never seen it go lower than that.

Simran are you in year 12 looking to apply or year 13 awaiting your results? If it’s the former then perhaps have a talk with your college / 6th form and find out what your predicted grades are and what you can do to improve them.

If it’s the latter then honestly the best thing to do is wait until results day, you’ll be able to see what grades you’re holding and our clearing entry tariff. Our entry tariff will likely fluctuate over the course of the 16th & 17th, so do keep an eye on it.

Hope that helps

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending