mathsandmadness
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is so useful, thanks for this. I am currently weighing up between attending UWE for 16 weeks or doing a full 28 week online course with Eureka. I have a feeling that attending in-person will aid learning and force me to dedicate the full 25 hour per week. I'm most concerned about covering enough A-Level content, which they seem to do well so leaning towards this route. Downside is, as it's not 20 weeks or longer I can't go for the scholarship route :-(Might be worth it in the end though, get to mix with peers like you said. I've studied at the Open Uni so have no issue with self-study or distance-learning, but do feel this might be helpful given I am aiming to communicate the subject to others, not just pass the course
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mathsandmadness)
This is so useful, thanks for this. I am currently weighing up between attending UWE for 16 weeks or doing a full 28 week online course with Eureka. I have a feeling that attending in-person will aid learning and force me to dedicate the full 25 hour per week. I'm most concerned about covering enough A-Level content, which they seem to do well so leaning towards this route. Downside is, as it's not 20 weeks or longer I can't go for the scholarship route :-(Might be worth it in the end though, get to mix with peers like you said. I've studied at the Open Uni so have no issue with self-study or distance-learning, but do feel this might be helpful given I am aiming to communicate the subject to others, not just pass the course
It does sound like the in person course will have a lot of advantages for you- however, obviously it will be less flexible. I think if you can manage it around your existing commitments, then go for it!
BassiBabes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've just started my 28 week SKE in Computer Science and I'm already confused. Would love to connect with anyone else doing the SKE in CS and support each other...doesn't seem like my provider gives me much help lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (491)
59.52%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.21%
No- I want it (235)
28.48%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.79%

Watched Threads