This discussion is closed.
Koschur
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
whatever, if someone wants to get ahead of the game out there, talk to me (EST time) , bet the
founders of this IB **** didnt think of newsgroups, BTW, if you are replying to scold me save it for
your mother
Robbo
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
in article [email protected], koschur at
[email protected]_Spamkill_graffiti.net wrote on 10/5/02 4:17 PM:

[q1]> whatever, if someone wants to get ahead of the game out there, talk to me (EST time) , bet the[/q1]
[q1]> founders of this IB **** didnt think of newsgroups, BTW, if you are replying to scold me save it[/q1]
[q1]> for your mother[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Hang Hang has forwarded that message to IBO, or if he hasn't he certainly will do so now. I should
remind you that they, like Universities, take cheating very seriously. If you cheat and are
discovered you will not get your diploma, I guarantee it.

You're an IB student, you've done TOK and hopefully done ethics. Remember anything from that? Do you
think it is ethically right to give answers to other people and thereby advantaging other students?
Morally right? Legally (under the rules of IBO regarding the award of the diploma)? I remind you
that students around the world have to WORK for their diplomas. A lot. They don't know anything
about the exams, you have to learn your work properly. Even 12 hours is a lot of time to know what
is in the paper. You could easily have an essay plan written out. In fairness to other students, if
people cheat in this way they should not be eligible for a diploma, and neither should the person
who sends such messages.

Hang Hang, perhaps you would like to quote the rule for our little friend koschur.

Mr Koschur, let me give you an example of how seriously educational institutions take cheating‹ IBO
I am sure would take this exactly the same way. A student in my course at Uni decided he would cheat
on a Law assignment, and in doing this, hacked into another student's computer and stole his
assignment. He changed it around a bit, but it was still almost word for word. The stupid thing was,
that both students (the cheater and the one who had it stolen) had the same tutor. He got caught
red-handed. As a result, he has been expelled from the course. If you cheat, then you will in the
same way be "expelled" ... ie. you will NOT get your diploma.

By the way, I see your Newsgroup Internet Headers lack an IP address... I don't know why this is,
but from what I know apparently, if a message doesn't contain an IP address it has usually been
forged. Forging headers is illegal (under the law) as it is used for malicious spam e-mails. I
sincerely hope you haven't forged that header so IBO can't find out who you are, because you could
be in some serious trouble with your ISP if you do that.

I'm not scolding you, I'm warning you. Anyone on this newsgroup has the power to have you lose your
IB Diploma and I'm seriously considering writing to them.
Marek Sigiel
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In article <B901A80A.385A%[email protected]> , Robbo wrote:
[q1]>I'm not scolding you, I'm warning you. Anyone on this newsgroup has the power to have you lose your[/q1]
[q1]>IB Diploma and I'm seriously considering writing to them.[/q1]

Great. Don't forget to ask them, why do they have so strict rules about the exams (like exact
distances between our tables or those crazy regulations about early leaving) and such a great hole
in security - i'm sure that many students got in touch with their eastern colleagues and were wise
enough not to write about that to the newsgroup...

--
Marek Sigiel <[email protected]
Hang Hang Zhang
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Because they can't really do anything about the long distance cheating but they can do stuff about
the classroom cheating. Besides, that kind of stuff gets caught out when they mark it. They routinly
check against your predicted and final mark and if it differes by too much, they pull out your
assesments and talk with your teachers.

Marek Sigiel wrote:

[q1]> In article <B901A80A.385A%[email protected]> , Robbo wrote:[/q1]
[q2]> >I'm not scolding you, I'm warning you. Anyone on this newsgroup has the power to have you lose[/q2]
[q2]> >your IB Diploma and I'm seriously considering writing to them.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Great. Don't forget to ask them, why do they have so strict rules about the exams (like exact[/q1]
[q1]> distances between our tables or those crazy regulations about early leaving) and such a great hole[/q1]
[q1]> in security - i'm sure that many students got in touch with their eastern colleagues and were wise[/q1]
[q1]> enough not to write about that to the newsgroup...[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> Marek Sigiel <[email protected][/q1]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (268)
34.14%
No (517)
65.86%

Watched Threads