The Student Room Group

Can I apply for funding while I work part-time?

Hello all,

This year I'll be starting my undergraduate, however I would like to apply for student finance for only tuition fees since I live with my parents. However, my preocupation is that I have been working part-time for about 3 months, and I now get some money that I often put to savings, or spend on personal stuff. will I be able to apply as a dependent child of a EEA migrant worker over 21 having an income of about £700?
Can I not work at all while I'll be studying? or Will that affect how much I get for the funding?

Any help would be pretty much appreaciated!

Thanks
Hi

If you are an EU national and you want to apply for Tuition Fee Loan only, you can submit an EU application form called EU18N.

You can apply for student finance as a Migrant Worker if you are working and supporting yourself financially or you can apply as a Child of a Migrant Worker if your parent is an EU national currently working in the UK. As you mentioned correctly if you are over the age of 21 years old we will require evidence of your incomings/outgoings to show you aren't earning enough to live independently. We can also accept evidence of any support provided by your parent i.e. utility bills, tenancy agreement, bank statements showing transfers. But all of this is needed only if you want to apply for Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan. In this case, we would need you to submit a PN1 application form with supporting evidence.

Kind regards,
Shahrzad
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I would like to ask if I can apply as the Child of a migrant worker for tuition fees only with the EU18N form? And if I have to show evidence of the incomings/outgoings as well?

Thanks.
Hi,

To apply for tuition fee loan as a Child of a Migrant Worker you need to submit a PN1 2018/19 application form with all of the following evidence:

The students original Passport or National ID Card
The parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card
A photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
If the family member is a step parent, we will need to see the original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card
If the student is not an EU/EEA National we will need to see Home Office Visas to cover the entire UK residency period
A copy of the parent/step parents contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. If the contract does not confirm their hours and pay or they are on a zero hour contract we will need a letter from their employer confirming this information. This letter must be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the employment status with their employer).
The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
If the student is physically dependent we will require medical evidence to support this
If the student is financially dependent we will require evidence of the students incomings/outgoings to show they aren't earning enough to live independently. We can also accept evidence of any support provided by the parent or step parents i.e. utility bills, tenancy agreement, bank statements showing transfers
Parent or step parent who own their own company and are director but are getting paid wages need to send in the employment evidence listed above along with confirmation of self employment or a letter from HMRC confirming the company is registered in their own name

Please post your application for Child of a Migrant Worker and your evidence to:
EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Alternatively, if you are an EU national and you only need tuition fee loan I would recommend sending EU18N and your ID evidence to us by post:
Student Finance Services EU
Student Loans Company
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Kind regards,
Shahrzad
Hello,

I don't need Maintainance since I live with my Mother, who's an EU Citizen, while I am not. Yet I have lived in the UK for more than 4 years with settled status.
however, will my job and probable support to the household, affect the process to get ONLY Tuition fees with the PN1 form?

As I said, I do not need maintainance since my mother pays for the flat we live together in. But I wish to work and save up money while I am studying, and I wish that my income would no affect the application.

Thank you
Original post by kingofchrome
Hello,

I don't need Maintainance since I live with my Mother, who's an EU Citizen, while I am not. Yet I have lived in the UK for more than 4 years with settled status.
however, will my job and probable support to the household, affect the process to get ONLY Tuition fees with the PN1 form?

As I said, I do not need maintainance since my mother pays for the flat we live together in. But I wish to work and save up money while I am studying, and I wish that my income would no affect the application.

Thank you

Hi

If you are an EU national and you only need tuition fee loan I would recommend sending EU18N and your ID evidence to us by post:
Student Finance Services EU
Student Loans Company
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Thanks
Gerard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending