What happens after A-Level results day? Watch

12doeb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I’m looking at going to uni for September 2019 entry doing the mPharm course.
I have predicted grades of a minimum AA(C) *Not sure about the C, waiting for my maths teacher to confirm predicted grade.

My school didn’t sit AS Levels but we did internal mocks instead, which is where they are getting their predicted grades from.

The unis I’m looking at are
Keele - typical offer AAB - ABB
Lincoln - typical offer ABB
Uni of Nottingham AAB
Huddersfield Uni AAB - ABB
Keele with foundation year BBB- CCC

I am set on what I want to do and at what Uni so I wouldn’t really be interested in adjustment.

My main area of concern is that A-Level results day is a Thursday and my parents are planning for a family 2 week cruise holiday beginning Saturday, two days after results day.
I will have access to the internet as my parents are prepared to pay for the online WiFi of the ship should I need it.

Will going on holiday two days after results day be too difficult/ is there lots of things to do after results day?

What happens for a prospective Mpharm students if they have an unconditional offer:

What happens if they meet their offer criteria for either firm or insurance:

And what happens if no offers are met and clearing is the only option:

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

XX
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 12doeb)
Hi,
I’m looking at going to uni for September 2019 entry doing the mPharm course.
I have predicted grades of a minimum AA(C) *Not sure about the C, waiting for my maths teacher to confirm predicted grade.

My school didn’t sit AS Levels but we did internal mocks instead, which is where they are getting their predicted grades from.

The unis I’m looking at are
Keele - typical offer AAB - ABB
Lincoln - typical offer ABB
Uni of Nottingham AAB
Huddersfield Uni AAB - ABB
Keele with foundation year BBB- CCC

I am set on what I want to do and at what Uni so I wouldn’t really be interested in adjustment.

My main area of concern is that A-Level results day is a Thursday and my parents are planning for a family 2 week cruise holiday beginning Saturday, two days after results day.
I will have access to the internet as my parents are prepared to pay for the online WiFi of the ship should I need it.

Will going on holiday two days after results day be too difficult/ is there lots of things to do after results day?

What happens for a prospective Mpharm students if they have an unconditional offer:

What happens if they meet their offer criteria for either firm or insurance:

And what happens if no offers are met and clearing is the only option:

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

XX
Just to check, are we talking about results day 2019 here? Not a deferred place from results day 2018?

If you're looking at an unconditional offer going into results day then there's nothing that needs to be done really. You can be prepared far in advance for all the other things because you know where you'll end up in September/October.

If you firm a conditional offer dependent on your A Level results (a likely scenario) then this is where things could go two ways.

You could meet the conditions of your firm offer and everything would be hunky dory.

You could meet the conditions of your insurance offer and everything would be hunky dory.

Or you could miss both of those and either go into clearing or not go to university. If this happens you will have 2 days to ring up universities and ask them for places. I doubt you'll get phone signal in the ocean. After that there may be a bit of paperwork but usually this can be done online.

Regardless of which scenario you go into, make sure uou apply for accommodation before results day. As a current Keele student (:hi:), believe me this is worth doing.

After results day there'll be pre-enrollment things to do, modules to pick, accommodation stuff to sort (especially if you got in through clearing) but all this can be completed online. Just make sure you secure a place through clearing in the next two days from results day, that's something that needs to be done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.49%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
55.49%
No (71)
39.01%

Watched Threads