The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snufkin
Hi all, introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying!

Degree choice:
University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted A2 grades:
GCSE grades:
Fun fact about yourself:

Hello! I'm Jasmine :smile:.
Degree choice: Natural Sciences, Biosciences and Biochemistry (I know right)
University choices: Cambridge (haha what am I even doing), Durham, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Leeds
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*
GCSE grade: 2 9s, 1 8, 7A*s, 1A
Fun fact about yourself: Like nothing? I like cooking and reading. I'm generally a bit weird :groovy:
Reply 3
I’m Jenny
Degree choice: Biochemistry
University choices:
-Oxford (rejected after interview)
-Imperial (waiting)
-UCL (offer AAA)
-KCL(offer AAB)
-Manchester(offer AAA)
Predicted A2 grades: A*AA
GCSE results: 9, 9, 8, 7A*s, 3As, 1B
(edited 5 years ago)
Degree choice: Biochem
University choices: Oxford, Bath, Birmingham, Exeter, Imperial
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Geography
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*AA
GCSE grades: 5A*5A
Degree choice: Biology/Biological Sciences
University choices: York, Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham Trent and Manchester
Predicted A2 grades: A*AB + 1 A already achieved + EPQ
Subject currently studying: Biology, Chemistry, Sociology, EPQ + Psychology completed
GCSE grades: looool not so good, 1A*, 1A, 6Bs, 2Cs
Degree choice: Biomedical science
University choices: liverpool, manchester, Birmingham and Warwick
Degree choice:Medicine
University choice: Keele
Predicted A2 grades: ABB
Currently studying: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
GCSE grades: 7A*s, 3As
Does anyone know how fast offers normally come in and do they come on the weekend??
Reply 8
Original post by Chadders1300
Does anyone know how fast offers normally come in and do they come on the weekend??

Hey
Some unis are already giving offers. I've seen a lot of people with warwick offers for e.g.
Some unis wait for the deadline in jan
Original post by AO180
Hey
Some unis are already giving offers. I've seen a lot of people with warwick offers for e.g.
Some unis wait for the deadline in jan

Thanks! I sent mine on Friday so I might get one on Monday from Warwick, I hate waiting its so stressful :frown:
Original post by Chadders1300
Thanks! I sent mine on Friday so I might get one on Monday from Warwick, I hate waiting its so stressful :frown:

Sent mine off 2 weeks ago... Still nothing 🤷🏼 literally checking my emails every second
(edited 5 years ago)
Degree choice: Biomedical Science/ Biomedicine/ Genetics (all masters except genetics)
University choices: Newcastle, Lincoln, Manchester, Lancaster, Glasgow
What subject(s) are currently studying?: I'm studying the IB:
HL: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology.
SL: Maths Studies, French B, Eng Lit&Lang A
Predicted A2 grades: Predicted 41 IB points
GCSE grades: 1D*, 1A, 2X6'S, 1X5, 5B'S, 1P
Fun fact about yourself: I want to be an embryologist!

Question: Do you think my GCSE's will prevent me from getting offers? I know they arent very good
Original post by filearns
Degree choice: Biomedical Science/ Biomedicine/ Genetics (all masters except genetics)

Question: Do you think my GCSE's will prevent me from getting offers? I know they arent very good

As long as your A2 grades are up to requirements, from what I've seen they don't care much about GCSEs, aside from some unis requiring a B in English (and Maths, for some courses).
Hey, I'm a second year undergraduate studying Biomedical Science at the University of Warwick. I'm also applying to do a placement year, so I can help with that in any way.
If you need help with anything, I can try and help with applications, the course, Warwick (if your're applying there), careers, etc.

-epitype
Reply 14

Maths studies might be an issue. Have you checked with the Unis you're interested in to make sure they accept Maths studies?
Original post by EleaGR
Maths studies might be an issue. Have you checked with the Unis you're interested in to make sure they accept Maths studies?

Yep, I've received 3 offer so far and1 interview. Lancaster was the only one asking for maths SL but I emailed their admissions team and they said they would accept studies
Reply 16
Yep, I've received 3 offer so far and1 interview. Lancaster was the only one asking for maths SL but I emailed their admissions team and they said they would accept studies

Hi! Congrats on your offers!
Is the interview for Manchester?
If so have they given you the date? I've just applied to Manc and wondering when my potential interview may be
Hello! International student applying to Manchester for Biomedical Sciences. 42 IB predicted. 7, 7, 7, HLs (Biology, Chemistry, Psychology). Any idea when they will start responding? Thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
@filearns That's great! Congratulations!!! I wish you all the best! 😁
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sakinishi
Hello! International student applying to Manchester for Biomedical Sciences. 42 IB predicted. 7, 7, 7, HLs (Biology, Chemistry, Psychology). Any idea when they will start responding? Thanks!

Hi! I'm also an IB student applying to biomed at manc! I'm predicted 41 and have been called to interview in the 7th November, I applied just under 3 weeks ago and heard back yesterday, best of luck!

Latest