Touching while sleeping Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, I'm just looking for general ideas. I've been in situations where I was molested, and raped when i was younger. My boyfriend of just 7 months was joking about our lack of sex yesterday, and that he was touching me in my sleep and I didn't even stir. I'm a heavy sleeper, so I'm honestly not sure if he was joking. But I'm freaked out, and dont really want to fall asleep next to him, as I used to wake up being molested. If you are sleeping, is it consent? Is this just how guys are? My relationship experience is very limited, due to my history, so i honestly just dont know if every guy will always touch me without concern for consent, or is it just the guys that are attracted to me?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I'm just looking for general ideas. I've been in situations where I was molested, and raped when i was younger. My boyfriend of just 7 months was joking about our lack of sex yesterday, and that he was touching me in my sleep and I didn't even stir. I'm a heavy sleeper, so I'm honestly not sure if he was joking. But I'm freaked out, and dont really want to fall asleep next to him, as I used to wake up being molested. If you are sleeping, is it consent? Is this just how guys are? My relationship experience is very limited, due to my history, so i honestly just dont know if every guy will always touch me without concern for consent, or is it just the guys that are attracted to me?
No that's sexual assault - you cannot consent if you are asleep. He sounds like an absolute creep to even joke about that. If I was with someone like that I would leave asap.
Muserock
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you are asleep, you haven't consented.

Even if he hasn't and it was just a joke, you're going to find it hard to trust him again (although I personally don't find that funny).
Truffle55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Being asleep does not give him consent to touch you, that is not okay. I think that you need to talk to him. Tell him about your past (if you feel comfortable doing so if not that is fine of course) and ask I'm if he was joking, if not tell him that it is not okay and that you do not like it and he needs to stop right away. If he is a good boyfriend he should see that this is distressing you and then know that he is in the wrong and should not do anything like it again, but keep an eye on him.
And no not all guys are like that most should/will ask for consent that is the correct thing to do.
Hope this helps,
Truffle
Last edited by Truffle55; 6 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
You don't have to laugh it off - even if he didn't do anything, the fact that he thinks it is a joke is disgusting and I personally wouldn't trust someone like that
Truffle55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You don't have to laugh it off - even if he didn't do anything, the fact that he thinks it is a joke is disgusting and I personally wouldn't trust someone like that
Yeah thinking about it the fact he thought of that as a joke is quite disturbing
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Muserock)
If you are asleep, you haven't consented.

Even if he hasn't and it was just a joke, you're going to find it hard to trust him again (although I personally don't find that funny).
I was getting comfortable with him, and it just scares me to think of how many times it could've happened, we have slept in the same bed 4 times.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 6 months ago
If you don't want him to touch you when you're asleep then just tell him? For some couples this is accepatble but for others it isn't, so you really need to discuss it with your bf. It's a fine line. If my bf touched me whilst I was asleep I wouldn't mind, as I have told him before that I give consent to this. You need to tell yours that you don't like it for those reasons you stated, and if he's not a **** then he'll stop.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
If you don't want him to touch you when you're asleep then just tell him? For some couples this is accepatble but for others it isn't, so you really need to discuss it with your bf. It's a fine line. If my bf touched me whilst I was asleep I wouldn't mind, as I have told him before that I give consent to this. You need to tell yours that you don't like it for those reasons you stated, and if he's not a **** then he'll stop.
Completely unrelated, I know, but do guys enjoy doing this, touching girls when they sleep as in being affectionate?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
He would only be allowed to touch you while you sleep if you said he could, otherwise it's sexual assault.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Marshmello's Dad
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Let's not jump the gun. By touching you..what do you mean? ...as stupid as that sounds
Tcastlovee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I would also like to know this. Is it arousing for them? Why do they do it??
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Marshmello's Dad)
Let's not jump the gun. By touching you..what do you mean? ...as stupid as that sounds
Meaning he joked about fingering me while I was sleeping.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (67)
8.07%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.77%
No, but I want to start (307)
36.99%
No, I am unable to (206)
24.82%
No, I chose not to (227)
27.35%