The Student Room Group

The 100 (TV show): S05E11 Do YOU think Kane betrayed Octavia?

(edited 1 year ago)
General Reminder: Monty is a hero. ;-;
Original post by SomMC1
Diyoza tells Echo & co about a alternative way of entering the valley and winning the war.
However, at the end of the episode, Kane and Diyoza surrender to McGreasy and say they'll tell him about Octavia's new plan. That's because Kane doesn't want to see 'the devil in the garden'.

Fans of The 100, do you think that Kane will betray Octavia & co. and actually say their plan or will he just further distract McGreasy and allow Octavia to easily win the war?

I think it's just a cliff-hanger and that Kane is not going to betray Octavis, rather just waste McGreasy's time and resources.

What do YOU think will happen?

I stopped watching after the heart massaging scene in season 2 or 3. And Thelonious is sooo annoying. :angry:
Original post by MaizieAmyr
I stopped watching after the heart massaging scene in season 2 or 3. And Thelonious is sooo annoying. :angry:

No one likes Thelonious hahah :tongue:
I enjoy the show but sometimes it feels like they are just dragging it out way too much. Like rn they are fighting for a valley to live on for 15 episodes. 15 episodes... and that's maybe 2 weeks of in-show time like wtf
Original post by SomMC1
No one likes Thelonious hahah :tongue:
I enjoy the show but sometimes it feels like they are just dragging it out way too much. Like rn they are fighting for a valley to live on for 15 episodes. 15 episodes... and that's maybe 2 weeks of in-show time like wtf

Tbh, I gave up with the show because the story line was 'how much can we annoy the viewers by making everything possible go wrong and making sure nothing good ever happens'. I like a show where there is suspence and not everything always goes to plan but the 100 took that idea to the next level. :s-smilie:
I suppose. I like shows when things go wrong ever so often but not for the whole series. You know those TV shows where everything is resolved by the end of the episode and there are a few unanswered questions which then build up to a season finale. Season 1 was brilliant though.
She wanted to take their choice away, and lead them into a ****ing suicide mission, because her pride was wounded.

I guess in the end, Monty did that to with not waking people after ten years, his of course was far more honourable. Someone on reddit suggested Jordan is gonna have a thing with Octavia and it would be part of her redemption arc. I was like hell no Jordan is too pure for that, yet I can imagine she might find his naïvety to be somewhat endearing.
Someone mentioned how Jackson has been Abby's medical assistant since season one and spent 6 yrs down with her in the bunker. Now I can imagine the stress of dwindling supplies and needing to get down to the earth, but how the hell isn't he qualified by now? Surely, there's room for more than one doctor, but oh yeah plot points and they don't want to flesh his character out. :rolleyes: Like Harper, too late.
(edited 5 years ago)
You're lucky, because I had to look his name up. He doesn't do much. He always needs Abby to hold his hands. He needs to be brave, or have a writer in the 'writer's room' that actually want to give him a story line. I hope he'll have more to do in the following seasons. (How did Miller's past boyfriend die, again?)

Octavia that was tolerable died when Lincoln was killed, lbh. I was with her even during her despotic days, but when she nuked the farm...the love affair was over. Glad Bellamy didn't give her a clean slate, too much bad blood for that.

I just wonder what will become of Echo, because I have a feeling Bellarke is end-game. Echo turned around this season, I guess that's what six years in space does.
I think she started doing drugs ever since the Artificial Intelligence. I dont remember exactly how or why or how she was involved but I think she used drugs to numb her pain but now got addicted. But yeah, I agree with your points about Abby.

I always found Octavia super cute, plus her character built up well too -> from this shy underground girl to Blodreina. The hydrofarm destroyment was a sad part. I felt lowkey sad bc Monty was working his ass off on it and then it's just gone..

Original post by Dominicque2
She wanted to take their choice away, and lead them into a ****ing suicide mission, because her pride was wounded.

I guess in the end, Monty did that to with not waking people after ten years, his of course was far more honourable. Someone on reddit suggested Jordan is gonna have a thing with Octavia and it would be part of her redemption arc. I was like hell no Jordan is too pure for that, yet I can imagine she might find his naïvety to be somewhat endearing.

It is a suicide mission and as you said, it's probably an ego/pride problem. She isnt thinking rationally but rather acting impulsively.
Someone mentioned how Jackson has been Abby's medical assistant since season one and spent 6 yrs down with her in the bunker. Now I can imagine the stress of dwindling supplies and needing to get down to the earth, but how the hell isn't he qualified by now? Surely, there's room for more than one doctor, but oh yeah plot points and they don't want to flesh his character out. :rolleyes: Like Harper, too late.

Jackson always is this little irrelevant assistant. It does seem like he hasnt progressed one bit which is ridiculous after all those years..
You're lucky, because I had to look his name up. He doesn't do much. He always needs Abby to hold his hands. He needs to be brave, or have a writer in the 'writer's room' that actually want to give him a story line. I hope he'll have more to do in the following seasons. (How did Miller's past boyfriend die, again?)

Octavia that was tolerable died when Lincoln was killed, lbh. I was with her even during her despotic days, but when she nuked the farm...the love affair was over. Glad Bellamy didn't give her a clean slate, too much bad blood for that.

I just wonder what will become of Echo, because I have a feeling Bellarke is end-game. Echo turned around this season, I guess that's what six years in space does.

I havent watched the final 2 episodes yet, but I saw my Octavia didnt die so I'm glad :tongue:
Clarke and Bellamy has been nearly happening for 5 seasons. If that doesnt happen in season 6, i'd be pissed lol. Although that's the relationship that EVERYONE expects. So maybe they wont do it on purpose?
Original post by SomMC1
Jackson always is this little irrelevant assistant. It does seem like he hasnt progressed one bit which is ridiculous after all those years..

Him, Harper and Jackson haven't done much. The latters' shining moment was Mt Weather.And, for Harper it's too late, but it was a nice and memorable send off.

Original post by SomMC1
I havent watched the final 2 episodes yet, but I saw my Octavia didnt die so I'm glad :tongue:
Clarke and Bellamy has been nearly happening for 5 seasons. If that doesnt happen in season 6, i'd be pissed lol. Although that's the relationship that EVERYONE expects. So maybe they wont do it on purpose?

lol I see we havce an Octavia stan. :tongue: What did you think? I know it's canon in the book, but honestly so much has changed, honestly I think they're better as co-leaders and platonic friends. Even if they are end game.

I agree with you regarding Bellarke. Clarke was so annoying this season, though with her flip-flopping. Bellemy's kill sheet isn't clear (who is in The 100?), but I get you. He's had six years to really get to know Echo, their romantic bond should be stronger. People made an astute point that Marper was in the station for Six years with Echo, and around a year with Clarke,yet they chose Clarke to be the defacto Godmother to their son. Ouch. We have two season left to round up to 100 episodes, so anything can change. I predict after dangling the ship-carrot over Bellarke shippers, Jason will make them end game. Really surprised if he doesn't.
(edited 5 years ago)
Octavia is killing everyone so who cares about that? She kills at any opportunity and poor Kane is just trying to make the world a peaceful place
Original post by Rainfall
Octavia is killing everyone so who cares about that? She kills at any opportunity and poor Kane is just trying to make the world a peaceful place

He shouldve killed Octavia, fed her to her people for extra protein and then become Blodreino (instead of Blodreina). that wouldve been a proper Dark year lmao
Original post by SomMC1
Bellarke is probably dead by now, agreed. It would be very weird and awkward if they were all of a sudden in a relationship and leading. It would conflict their leading and wouldnt make much sense. Plus it would be even more awkward for Clarke's and Octavia's relationship - 'oh okay lets lead but im banging your brother every evening'. no thanks:tongue:

Iwas initially a huge Clarke fan, then I shifted to being a Raven fanboy and for the last 2 seasons Im a die-hard fan of Octavia. She definitely stood out to me - especially her journey from being in the underground shelter and making her way up eventually becoming Blodreina. Her ruthfulness is lowkey attractive, albeit if she sent me to the fight pits and subsequently to be eaten by my fellow humans, then I wouldnt see that as a sexy trait of hers..

I forgot, how did Harper end or is she still in it ? Didnt watch the final 2 episodes, still...

That never stopped Bellamy and Echo, she did try to kill his sister like twice! :tongue: Thinking about it, I don't really have a favourite character, but I loved how Murphy went from worst boy to best boy. Though, I have a soft spot for Monty, now. :smile: (;_; ) She went from overbearing grounderboo, to diligence warrior to ruthless despot, now wounded without power ready for a redemption arc.
Didn't the meat cubes looked raw? Yuck!)

Girl, watch the later two eps, I don't wanna spoilt it for you. Would ruin the impact.

Original post by SomMC1
He shouldve killed Octavia, fed her to her people for extra protein and then become Blodreino (instead of Blodreina). that wouldve been a proper Dark year lmao

Haha, that would be totally out of character for him though, but what a plot twist! :excited:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest