The Student Room Group

A-Level Nightmares/Dreams

Anyone else having either nightmares about collecting and receiving their results on the 16th August?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m sure you will have done great, it’s just the wait that is unbearable 😭😭
Don’t worry, the day is becoming ever closer.

#17daysleft
glad im not the only one. i keep waking up sweating just thinking about it. because when you do the exam you feel like you did well, but after a while your mind starts convincing that you chose or wrote the wrong answers.
my suggestion is to do something throughout your day and keep your mind full of positivity because in the end you will do well
Reply 4
Original post by Gracemcgill
Anyone else having either nightmares about collecting and receiving their results on the 16th August?

Yeah constantly, it's weird cos it's not really on my mind during the day but I keep having the same nightmare that I fail all my A Levels and Track stops working so I can't access clearing loool

Yep!
I am dreading it :frown:
I will be so disappointed in myself if I get anything less than a B...
I got straight C's at AS level - and that was because I did no revision whatsoever! But this time I tried.

I have an unconditional offer for staffs uni to take Psychology :biggrin: so really I shouldn't be worried...

For btec health and social the exams are taken at different points than A level, plus you get your grades and the opportunity to retake them. So I know I have achieved an A in this :biggrin:

It is just sociology and psychology (aqa) that I am waiting for.

I keep overthinking the papers and I know I made so many stupid mistakes (psychology mainly as well)
Reply 6
University is so much better than school. The difference is mind boggling. Just to get you guys excited.
Reply 7
Original post by mic25
Yeah constantly, it's weird cos it's not really on my mind during the day but I keep having the same nightmare that I fail all my A Levels and Track stops working so I can't access clearing loool

I had a dream that I got C C and then a Q?? So I was thinking in my dream did I pass that exam or not 😂😂 i was just looking round panicking and crying to my teachers that kept ignoring me. They need to come sooner this anxiety is killing me
Reply 8
From experience, how you feel an exam went means nothing. Half the time you smash the exams you think you flunked and you do not so well in the ones you think you smashed.
Reply 9
I had a dream that I got C C and then a Q?? So I was thinking in my dream did I pass that exam or not 😂😂 i was just looking round panicking and crying to my teachers that kept ignoring me. They need to come sooner this anxiety is killing me

Like the dreams are so irrational 😂
Original post by MagicCAM
University is so much better than school. The difference is mind boggling. Just to get you guys excited.

What do you study?
You cant do anything about it now, so why worry? Life is about more than exams. In the grand scheme things, if you get one grade below what you need, and go to a different uni or have to take a gap year, your life wont be any different in the long run if you continue to work hard. Enjoy your summer and relax, its what you guys deserve.
Original post by MajorFader
What do you study?

Land Economy at Camb
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
I feel sick just thinking about it

Wish I took that unconditional offer from city uni now
Original post by as125
I feel sick just thinking about it

Wish I took that unconditional offer from city uni now

also rejected an unconditional offer and wondering whether this was the right choice. Literally having dreams about results day nearly every night :frown:
Reply 15
I never sleep tbh so I’m living in my own nightmare 😭 I keep thinking I’ve failed everything
24E14689-7BD7-4518-92F3-8E26F83C3578.gif
No since im not collecting any. Having my usual chronic nightmares instead
My last dream was much better.
Yep. Went to school to collect my results after seeing on track I’d missed my Cambridge offer. Opened my envelope and I’d got A in geography (my best subject), D in history (one of the papers was bleh so I’m a bit unsure about how I did!) and a K in French?! (My weakest subject...)
Massively pray this doesn’t happen on results day 😣😂

I also keep having loads of weird school dreams like Obama visited to give us Christmas presents...

Quick Reply

Latest