anonymous69gcse
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
psychology was one of my potential alevel choices. but i havent done it for gcse but its something that im quite interested in. what is it like? it it easy to get a good grade?
Joe Frazier
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anonymous69gcse)
psychology was one of my potential alevel choices. but i havent done it for gcse but its something that im quite interested in. what is it like? it it easy to get a good grade?
It's a great subject because there is lots of different areas but this does make it slightly harder to achieve a good grade because some of the topics you will enjoy more than others. It's also unfortunately not a facilitating subject so if you're not sure what you want to do after A levels and you are not certain you will enjoy psychology then maybe consider something else.
anonymous69gcse
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Joe Frazier)
It's a great subject because there is lots of different areas but this does make it slightly harder to achieve a good grade because some of the topics you will enjoy more than others. It's also unfortunately not a facilitating subject so if you're not sure what you want to do after A levels and you are not certain you will enjoy psychology then maybe consider something else.
thx for the response. i need to research more on this subject. whats like the main topics? and is it mainly essay based?
Joe Frazier
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thx for the response. i need to research more on this subject. whats like the main topics? and is it mainly essay based?
The main topics differ slightly depending on your sixth form/college's chosen exam board but for AQA it's mainly Social Influence, Memory, Attachment, Psychopathology, Approaches, Biopsychology (very scientific), Research Methods, Issues and debates, and there are some other topics which your school will pick, mine did Relationships, Schizophrenia and aggression. It's not mainly essay based but there are 16 mark questions which you answer in an essay-style and they can come up in each topic except Research Methods.
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I took psychology at a level. Absolutely loved studying it but I did flunk the exam as I found them so difficult.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads