SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, I'm just applying to uni this September (A&F at LSE, King's, Warwick, UCL management science, and 1 more undecided).
I've heard that interviews for IB internships are starting as early as October/November time.
For a top student like from LSE or Warwick, there's probably a good chance he'll get a shot at one of the big dogs compared to the ones not on target schools?
Are internships in the first year very crucial?
Albeit internships shouldnt be done only for the money, from experience what is the likely money gained (per week or month) at a internship position at a big Investment bank?
Thank you
e^iπ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
Hey, I'm just applying to uni this September (A&F at LSE, King's, Warwick, UCL management science, and 1 more undecided).
I've heard that interviews for IB internships are starting as early as October/November time.
For a top student like from LSE or Warwick, there's probably a good chance he'll get a shot at one of the big dogs compared to the ones not on target schools?
Are internships in the first year very crucial?
Albeit internships shouldnt be done only for the money, from experience what is the likely money gained (per week or month) at a internship position at a big Investment bank?
Thank you
You can't get offered internships in first year, internships are reserved for 2nd years.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
apply to spring week internships, sure there's a sticky somewhere you can read
DoritoEvie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depending what industry in, internships can make or break your career. The industry I'm in is very hard to get into in the first place, which is why I'm doing 2-3 month voluntary internships throughout the summer period which I found myself. I attempted to apply to places which offer internship programs, and even though I qualified for most of them I got rejected from all; it could be that it is because I was in first year.

In general, however, I find that doing internships helps you gain a better insight into your future career and what branches you want to get into or not. I think that you should give it a go and apply to places for internships anyway, because you never know, they might actually take you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (280)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (215)
43.43%

Watched Threads