Obesity And Attractiveness Watch

Strength
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I recently rejected an obese girl by saying it was due to her obesity. I feel a little bit bad however, is it not fine to admit it? I believe fat shaming is wrong but I also believe making people think being unhealthy is good- is also wrong.

What do you think? Should I apologise to her? She asked for an honest reason which is why I said what I did.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't go together.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't be a sad panda, obesity is socially unattractive.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
lol you actually said 'no sorry, its because you are fat/i don't date fat chicks'?

i dunno, doesn't sound believable. i mean i know guys reject women for being fat, just never heard of a guy openly telling her why...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Strength)
I recently rejected an obese girl by saying it was due to her obesity. I feel a little bit bad however, is it not fine to admit it? I believe fat shaming is wrong but I also believe making people think being unhealthy is good- is also wrong.

What do you think? Should I apologise to her? She asked for an honest reason which is why I said what I did.
okay but was the girl obese or fat? some guys get it twisted you know...
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Strength)

you could have used more tact and say you prefer slimmer girls. That would have delivered the same message without "shaming" her

However, no .. i don't believe you owe her an apology as she did ask for an honest opinion. If you ask for an honest reason then you need to be able to deal with it once you get it.

Deep down tbh it looks like she already was suspecting that was the reason hence asking for an "honest reason"

perhaps this rejection will spur her on to do something about her weight......
Michele93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe all women are beautiful on the inside it does not matter if a girl has a lot of weight personality is more important a girl that is big is still attractive
Michele93
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=Michele93;79053798]I believe all women are beautiful on the inside it does not matter if a girl has a lot of weight personality is more important a girl that is big is still attractive guys who only think skinny girls are attractive are shallow minded
username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i mean your right but you probably made her feel *****y and insecure which could have either results:

a) binge eating out of sadness and getting fatter as a result
b) encourages her to make a lifestyle change so she can be more secure in her body which is positive
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by justanotherchica)
a) binge eating out of sadness and getting fatter as a result

If she puts on like 3 stone or something then it's on YOU OP
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I focus on the face
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
I focus on the face

name an obese celebrity then who you wouldn't mind dating [if they didn't have their fame or money]

how about big narstie

can I give him your number?
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some people like an EXTRA LARGE ehem ehem....I mean EXTRA THICC
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could have been more tactful, but she did ask you for an honest answer. Just check if she's ok
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
name an obese celebrity then who you wouldn't mind dating [if they didn't have their fame or money]

how about big narstie

can I give him your number?
well hes not so big now but jonah hill when he was obese/overweight
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
well hes not so big now but jonah hill when he was obese/overweight

So you would prefer a fat jonah hill to Joshua?

very bizarre....
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
So you would prefer a fat jonah hill to Joshua?

very bizarre....
yep 👍🏽 Fat jonah hill is very cute and joshua is ok
Michele93
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by random_matt)
Don't be a sad panda, obesity is socially unattractive.
obesity is not unattractive
MWills99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=Michele93;79053804]
(Original post by Michele93)
I believe all women are beautiful on the inside it does not matter if a girl has a lot of weight personality is more important a girl that is big is still attractive guys who only think skinny girls are attractive are shallow minded
The perfectly fine, but the OP wasn't attracted to them, why date someone you're not attracted to? That would be wasting both of your time.
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=MWills99;79054272]
(Original post by Michele93)

The perfectly fine, but the OP wasn't attracted to them, why date someone you're not attracted to? That would be wasting both of your time.
Yeah, got a point. Think he could've left out that he won't date her because he thinks she's fat... Could've probably sugarcoated it a little, the girl probably already knew and didn't want to be reminded. Maybe she's been trying to lose the weight. Maybe she has a disorder that won't allow her to lose the weight - you don't know the circumstances.
I understand she was looking for an honest reason/opinion but solely saying no because of her weight is a bit... You could have just said that you're not interested in her, and left her weight out of it. I'm aware he wants to encourage a healthier lifestyle but by straight up telling someone that they're fat - it could easily go south.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (13)
30.95%
1 (5)
11.9%
2 (3)
7.14%
3 (4)
9.52%
4 (6)
14.29%
5 (4)
9.52%
6 (1)
2.38%
7+ (6)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise