Help with Train and Buses from Trowbridge to Glenside Uwe and Bristol City College

Watch
Glassesjayne
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am wanting to find out the best options for commuting to Glenside Uwe and Bristol City College starting Foundation Year in Sept.
I think I go to Bristol Temple Meads then Number 70 Bus to College, but can I also get on a bus to Glenside or does it only take you to Frenchay Campus? is so how far by foot to get to Frenchay?

The buses confuse me too, best and cheapest way if possible. Is plus Bus a good idea? and will that definately cover where I need to go?
I see there is a train st at Stapleton but whether a direct stop and then how far to Uni.
Would be great if someone is a pro on all this. Thanks
Jayne H

Would appreciate any help on this.
If I knew my schedule for lessons maybe this would be easier to work out as first port of call.
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Glassesjayne)
I am wanting to find out the best options for commuting to Glenside Uwe and Bristol City College starting Foundation Year in Sept.
I think I go to Bristol Temple Meads then Number 70 Bus to College, but can I also get on a bus to Glenside or does it only take you to Frenchay Campus? is so how far by foot to get to Frenchay?

The buses confuse me too, best and cheapest way if possible. Is plus Bus a good idea? and will that definately cover where I need to go?
I see there is a train st at Stapleton but whether a direct stop and then how far to Uni.
Jayne H

If I knew my schedule for lessons maybe this would be easier to work out as first port of call.
UWE Bristol could you help with this please :hat2:
UWE Bristol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by She-Ra)
UWE Bristol could you help with this please :hat2:

Jayne H

----

Hi there Jayne,

To get to Glenside, we would recommend getting the number 5 from Broadmead or the 48A from Old Market Street. Alternatively, if you are feeling green, Glenside is a 36 minute walk and a 13 min cycle from Frenchay. If not, the 48A will get you from Frenchay to the Glenside campus.

You will be able to get a student ticket on FirstBus via their app called Mtickets, Bristol inner and outer zone should cover you.

If you are getting to Bristol City College in the centre of Bristol, you are correct. The 70 and 73 will get you from Temple Meads to City of Bristol College, but you may have to get off at the centre and walk through College Green. With getting to and from college to Glenside, we would recommend getting the new Metro Bus from Rupert Street or getting the 5 from Broadmead. With transport to college, we would recommend checking with them to see if they know any other routes!

As you can see, there are lots of different transport options to and from our campuses! It is probably best to work out which you prefer and what suits you best. Have a look at this website https://journeyplanner.travelwest.info/ and give us a shout if you need any more help!

Anna
Glassesjayne
Rep:
?
Thank you Anna. I will take alook at it all on travel planner again to match the streets. I know this sounds silly but can you tell me where broadmead is from Bristol temple meads train station. Walking directions if poss to catch the no.5 and 48a buses. Thanks
(Original post by UWE Bristol)
----

Hi there Jayne,

To get to Glenside, we would recommend getting the number 5 from Broadmead or the 48A from Old Market Street. Alternatively, if you are feeling green, Glenside is a 36 minute walk and a 13 min cycle from Frenchay. If not, the 48A will get you from Frenchay to the Glenside campus.

You will be able to get a student ticket on FirstBus via their app called Mtickets, Bristol inner and outer zone should cover you.

If you are getting to Bristol City College in the centre of Bristol, you are correct. The 70 and 73 will get you from Temple Meads to City of Bristol College, but you may have to get off at the centre and walk through College Green. With getting to and from college to Glenside, we would recommend getting the new Metro Bus from Rupert Street or getting the 5 from Broadmead. With transport to college, we would recommend checking with them to see if they know any other routes!

As you can see, there are lots of different transport options to and from our campuses! It is probably best to work out which you prefer and what suits you best. Have a look at this website https://journeyplanner.travelwest.info/ and give us a shout if you need any more help!

Anna
UWE Bristol
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you Anna. I will take alook at it all on travel planner again to match the streets. I know this sounds silly but can you tell me where broadmead is from Bristol temple meads train station. Walking directions if poss to catch the no.5 and 48a buses. Thanks

You're very welcome! No worries at all, it is good to be organised

The number 5 goes from the Haymarket, (stop B9) opposite Primark and in front of the Beefeater. To get here from Temple Meads Train Station is a 21 min walk along Temple Back and through Castle Park - see walking directions attached (first image).

The 48A (stop S12) goes from Broad Weir, opposite Castle Park and around the corner from Cabot Circus. This is a 16 min walk from Temple Meads Station, again along Temple Back and through Castle Park. Walking directions also attached (second image).

I hope this helps you! Do give us a shout if you need anything else.

Anna
Attached files
Glassesjayne
Rep:
?
Helo again,
(Original post by UWE Bristol)
You're very welcome! No worries at all, it is good to be organised

The number 5 goes from the Haymarket, (stop B9) opposite Primark and in front of the Beefeater. To get here from Temple Meads Train Station is a 21 min walk along Temple Back and through Castle Park - see walking directions attached (first image).

The 48A (stop S12) goes from Broad Weir, opposite Castle Park and around the corner from Cabot Circus. This is a 16 min walk from Temple Meads Station, again along Temple Back and through Castle Park. Walking directions also attached (second image).

I hope this helps you! Do give us a shout if you need anything else.

Anna
Glassesjayne
Rep:
?
Hello Anna, again, lol. Would you be able to tell me if there is a bus directly to Glenside Campus from Parkway Train St. I am comfused with that one. Is it the 48a ?? and is it the same one returning? or does the buses go to Frenchay first and then hop onto yet another bus??? I feel exhausted just thinking about it all. Ha ha. Ok, please can you also just confirm with me please, is it quicker to go to Parkway Train St and then bus to Bristol city College Ashley Down??? Your info before was very helpful. I do have my schedule of lessons now. The travel part is a huge challenge for me as not used to it. It would be nice to try and find others who has there inductions on the 6th Sept for Glenside and 7th Sept for Bristol City Colllege... Ashley Down Campus. Thank you so much... Will waite in anticipation. Jayne
UWE Bristol
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello Anna, again, lol. Would you be able to tell me if there is a bus directly to Glenside Campus from Parkway Train St. I am comfused with that one. Is it the 48a ?? and is it the same one returning? or does the buses go to Frenchay first and then hop onto yet another bus??? I feel exhausted just thinking about it all. Ha ha. Ok, please can you also just confirm with me please, is it quicker to go to Parkway Train St and then bus to Bristol city College Ashley Down??? Your info before was very helpful. I do have my schedule of lessons now. The travel part is a huge challenge for me as not used to it. It would be nice to try and find others who has there inductions on the 6th Sept for Glenside and 7th Sept for Bristol City Colllege... Ashley Down Campus. Thank you so much... Will waite in anticipation. Jayne
------------

Hi Jayne,

That’s ok! Transport can be very confusing. We are lucky though that all of Bristol is quite well connected!

To get from Parkway to Glenside, there is two buses. First, you will need to get the number 19A from Bristol Parkway Station (Stop A, going towards Bath city centre) Stay on this for 10 mins and 7 stops, then jump off at UWE Bristol Frenchay campus and get the 48A (Stop C, going to Broadmead). Stay on this for 7 mins and 6 stops until you get to Quarry Way on Blackberry Hill. This is right outside Glenside Campus.

For the way back, it is the same. Just get on the 48A from the other side of the road, back into Frenchay Campus and then 19A to Parkway.

To get from Parkway Station to Ashley Down, it’s a similar journey – the number 19A from Parkway, get off at Frenchay Campus and get the number 70 to Sefton Park Road, which is right outside Ashley Down – City of Bristol College

Hopefully we can find someone in your inductions through TSR! What course are you studying and we can see if we can find any students!

Anna
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.69%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (783)
42.14%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (366)
19.7%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.47%

Watched Threads