Why are young middle class girls lately channeling chavvy fashion Watch

AnxiousAtypical
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I keep noticing it’s trendy for middle class female students dressing in clothes you’d find in JD. They beg off brands like Nike, Addidas, Kappa, Reebok, Fila etc. A lot of them wear huge hoop earrings and very bright peachy makeup thinking they look sexy but they look like ****s and stuck up.

Why has it all the sudden became trendy to have Dutch plaits? It’s adroable when young girls had it like years and years ago but when teenage/girls in their 20s have them they try too hard to look cute and innocent but really they’re the ones typically think having an attitude makes them sexy.
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
This is so accurate. Wearing nike crop top with nike 'just do it' branded leggings, nike shoes, an iphone in their hand and starbucks frap.
Trying to look innocent when they're the biggest sluts. Hypocrisy at its finest. If a girl looks like shes trying too hard to be innocent, she probably is
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Still don't understand the whole 'poor inner city chic'. I go to private school and cringe hard every non-uniform day.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Nike and all that are very popular. Has nothing to do with class.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
daytonic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Agreed with Rainfall (prsom).

People follow trends, and right now, it’s brands like Nike & sportswear in general that’s dominating the market and hairstyles like dutch braids are being brought back big time. Sorry if normal societal changes offend you. It’s better than the 2000s era “juicy” trackies lmao
AnxiousAtypical
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by urlocalethnic)
Agreed with Rainfall (prsom).

People follow trends, and right now, it’s brands like Nike & sportswear in general that’s dominating the market and hairstyles like dutch braids are being brought back big time. Sorry if normal societal changes offend you. It’s better than the 2000s era “juicy” trackies lmao
I’m just a person who doesn’t act like sheep following crappy mainstream trends and especially music. Music isn’t like how it was back in the 60s-mid 2000s especially hip-hop. I think a lot girls that wear hoop hearings and Dutch maids make themselves look like basic *****es and don’t say I’m being cynical because I happen to met plenty of those girls and they’re the biggest displeasurable humans I ever encountered. A lot of the girls who’d currently dress in Addidas, Nike and other Sportsear would’ve ****ged them brands off in the early 2010s calling them ‘chavy’ with their thicker hair, band tops, skinny jeans, converse .
ninjaliv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I try and wear more middle class clothes eg jack wills or some ASOS brands or hollister etc. But do combine it with the occasional chavvy item because it makes me more approachable to other girls ( am v middle class and academic ) and seem more with it? It’s just a trend ppl have jumped on and it’s become a cycle
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
iodo345
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Is Primemark chavvy or working class?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads