How to prepare for uni (law student) + study tips

Watch
icygrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Any advice for a first year law student?
Books, how to study/revise, organising notes etc
Sabrinatariq99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
kiki, do u love me
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where are you going to uni?

I would say chill; you don't need to be doing summer reading or plan out your note taking. You won't know what will work for you notes-wise till you have experimented with all the different methods. I still change it up, 4 years in.

But Learning the Law by Glanville Williams is alright, if you wanna have a pre-uni dabble. Might want to read Rule of Law -- like everyone else does -- by big lad Bingham. Landmarks in the Law by big lad Denning -- interesting overlook of some human rights cases, mainly from a historical and entertaining perspective. Would suggest you find an area of law you like and do some digging by reading statutes and case law -- might be murder, or reinsurance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads