The Student Room Group

Want to know why your girlfriend is always mad?

What's the usual things that trigger her off?
Dunno what's up with my gf, we haven't talked in ages. But I don't think I've made her angry so I just get on with life :wink:
Reply 2
It's the one question guys wonder about every day. Just know that when she says she's "fine", she really isn't.
I think most issues occur because girls have different expectations to boys.

These are massive generalisations for which I apologise but..

- Girls usually like to stay in touch more often, whereas guys would be perfectly happy only talking when you meet up.
- Girls are generally more affectionate and want cuddles and kisses etc, whereas boys use these more to lead to sex than just on their own.
- Girls like to talk about things, whereas guys tend to clam up and hold things in.
- Girls are usually tidier, whereas guys see no problem just leaving rubbish lying around or not bothering to wash dishes or do the laundry.
- Girls struggle to understand how boys can lose 4 hours or more playing a game on a screen.

None of these things are huge problems on their own, but girls can get annoyed by either those things, or things like them, but often we don't like to complain because we know it's not really going to make a huge amount of difference.

I know I sometimes get worked up at my partner for leaving rubbish lying around, because I have to go round picking it up (he just isn't bothered, so leaving it until he did it wouldn't work), but he doesn't see any issue at all with a little mess around the place - so I just get grumpy sometimes as I know there's no point having a go at him.

I am very happy with my partner by the way - the above things aren't about him specifically, and they're only little niggles anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by hello_shawn
Dunno what's up with my gf, we haven't talked in ages. But I don't think I've made her angry so I just get on with life :wink:

Find out what the route is. There is no point leaving it because it will just get worse. She definitely has a reason and usually it's a simple solution. It will just be up to you if you want to fix it or not.
Reply 5
She’s hungry, tired, on her period, unhappy with the relationship, having family/friend/financial issues, unhappy with work, depressed, anxiety, etc. Or the bf is acting like a 🍆 and he isn’t noticing
Original post by Ebonesia
Find out what the route is. There is no point leaving it because it will just get worse. She definitely has a reason and usually it's a simple solution. It will just be up to you if you want to fix it or not.

Well she's working in another country ATM and will then be studying abroad under Erasmus. I only have Skype to reach her by and she didn't bring her computer. So that makes it easy to forget about me lol. I do attempt to contact her but she's either busy with work or just tired of me (but not wanting to tell me thus)
Reply 7
Original post by hello_shawn
Well she's working in another country ATM and will then be studying abroad under Erasmus. I only have Skype to reach her by and she didn't bring her computer. So that makes it easy to forget about me lol. I do attempt to contact her but she's either busy with work or just tired of me (but not wanting to tell me thus)

She could be upset because of the distance or the fact that she misses you and there is nothing she can do about it. Maybe check if she still wants to continue the relationship or if she wants to split because it's too much for her to deal with at the moment.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

I know I sometimes get worked up at my partner for leaving rubbish lying around

other people deal with drunken abuse, violence, cheating, violence to their children, molestations of their children, being threatened if they ever talk to police or run away but your partner...leaves some rubbish lying around? how about next time you pick up his rubbish do it with a smile and realise how lucky you are that this is the worst that your problems with him are. and let it remind you to thank him for how wonderful he is.
Original post by Anonymous
other people deal with drunken abuse, violence, cheating, violence to their children, molestations of their children, being threatened if they ever talk to police or run away but your partner...leaves some rubbish lying around? how about next time you pick up his rubbish do it with a smile and realise how lucky you are that this is the worst that your problems with him are. and let it remind you to thank him for how wonderful he is.

Hahaha whatever.

I do not have to wait on someone hand and foot because other people have bad relationships, that's not how it works.
Imagine you have a lazy slob of a boyfriend who never cooks or cleans or does any chores, and leaves you to do everything despite the fact you have a full time job. Would you say he's wonderful because he doesn't hit you or abuse children?
Just because someone else has problems doesn't mean everyone else should put up with lesser issues with a smile on their face. If there are things that you know your life would be better if they changed, then why wouldn't you complain about it?!

You could equally say that people in abusive relationships should have a smile on their face because at least they're not in a country where they could get shot for being female or be starved to death. It makes no sense to say you should be happy about having problems just because other people have worse problems.

Also, I can tell you've never lived with anyone if you're saying pick up his rubbish with a smile on your face, so good luck in real life love, you're going to need it. Don't forget to smile! :wink:
For the D.
When I eat her food.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending