Gcse tips

Watch this thread
Uhahoneyy
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am going to year 11 is there anything i should be doing during the summer and any tips ?

Confuusedstudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
My tip is to make sure your prepared.
Make a list, discover your weak areas. Year 11 goes by fast so extra revision outside of lessons pay off. by figuring out what your weak areas are you'll be able to tackle them quicker.

And finally jut breath. Relax, you don't want to stress yourself too much.

Oh and a quick tip figure out your best revision method. Is it by colour coding etc.
You'll hear a lot of talk about how GCSE'S are the most important thing, but font let this put you off, enjoy it. All these things you do now sort of prepare you for a levels and uni.
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
  1. Don't stress yousefl too much but it's worth doing some revision, yes.
    Take maybe 3-5 hours a week - or maybe 2 afternoons - to maybe make flashcards or write down everything you remember from a topic without checking notes (you can also do diagrams and mindmaps). These are good revision methods and also save you time next year as you can use them as notes. Also, youtube has good revision channels and Seneca Learning is great for practising questions withouth too much pressure.
UmamiPiñapple
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The new spec is a lot harder than you’d think, and you really need to be in the mindset for doing tougher exams than your used to. I reckon if you’ve done all the past papers and specimens for the new spec about two weeks to a month before your exams, you’ll be in the right mindset to smash them
DerivativeName
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Practice papers! You’ve got a lot more of them than we did last year so count yourself lucky. They’re vital for the harder new spec because the questioning is more important than the content- we had a lot of questions on things that weren’t specifically on the stuff we’d learnt but you had to have to use your knowledge to answer.
Muserock
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I can't reiterate enough practice papers.

Also, figure out what your learning style is. Some are visual learners (so mind maps will help), others are aural and some are kinetic (learn by doing).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
21.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.51%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.51%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.64%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
25.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
25.53%

Watched Threads