The Student Room Group

Should I start studying now?

Should I revise during the summer or should I not I’ve been told many different things e.g. that I should go over past things I’ve learnt and start revising from day 1 or I should just have fun now take advantage of the summer and when it gets to yr 11 start revising from September. Oh and would you recommend doing this
Attachment not found
including past papers here and there.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Safsssx
Should I revise during the summer or should I not I’ve been told many different things e.g. that I should go over past things I’ve learnt and start revising from day 1 or I should just have fun now take advantage of the summer and when it gets to yr 11 start revising from September

No. You should enjoy the summer.

Maybe flick through your books a week before school starts, but please, enjoy the summer as much as you can. From Year 11 - 13 it's going to be intense.
Original post by Safsssx
Should I revise during the summer or should I not I’ve been told many different things e.g. that I should go over past things I’ve learnt and start revising from day 1 or I should just have fun now take advantage of the summer and when it gets to yr 11 start revising from September

I think it would be beneficial to go over all the topics in your chosen subjects occasionally so like two or three times a week but not everyday cause it is the holidays but so you still have the main information u need in your brain ready for september.
i hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks so much for ur advice but can I ask one more question?
Original post by Safsssx
Thanks so much for ur advice but can I ask one more question?

Go on, ask away :smile:

Never ask to ask a question on a forum :tongue:
Reply 5
How can I my improve my grade for English, I keep getting grade 4s and I’m aiming for a 6 for my first set of mocks for yr 11.
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_Cow
Go on, ask away :smile:

Never ask to ask a question on a forum :tongue:

How can I my improve my grade for English, I keep getting grade 4s and I’m aiming for a 6 for my first set of mocks for yr 11.
Original post by Safsssx

Omg same i get like 4s and am aiming for a 6 or 7 which seems impossible but i think the best thing to do right now is to practice doing essays and trying to use as much subject terminology as possible when analysing text. Also look for mark schemes or criterias i think they really help in terms of seeing what examiners are looking for
Reply 8
Original post by khadija.khatun
Omg same i get like 4s and am aiming for a 6 or 7 which seems impossible but i think the best thing to do right now is to practice doing essays and trying to use as much subject terminology as possible when analysing text. Also look for mark schemes or criterias i think they really help in terms of seeing what examiners are looking for

Oh ur going to yr 11 too?😂😂
Original post by Safsssx

As above, make sure you use mark schemes and read examiner's reports :smile:
Hey, i am going to year 11 aswell. According to me, i only revise by watching hegartymaths, freesciencelessons and just organise my folders and booms for year 11. I am not going to do intense revision because firstly i need to enjoy summer and secondly my grades are always above 6. :biggrin:
Original post by Blue_Cow
No. You should enjoy the summer.

Maybe flick through your books a week before school starts, but please, enjoy the summer as much as you can. From Year 11 - 13 it's going to be intense.

I don't think you have to do much revision but it might be a good idea to go through your work from year 10 and see if you understand everything. Maybe also compare your work with what's on your exam specifications to see if you have got everything from year 10.
Original post by Safsssx
Oh ur going to yr 11 too?😂😂

Yep lol and i am not looking forward to it... too many exams!

:eek:
Reply 13

Same I’m so not ready for it and I can’t believe that I’m going to yr 11 , yr 7 feels like yesterday
You probably don’t need to start revising right now. I think I actually started revising for my gcse exams in March/April although I was going to after school classes since December. I got 9,8,7 A*,A*,A*,A*,A,B. ( the B was in Spanish)
Reply 15
Original post by 12aissid
You probably don’t need to start revising right now. I think I actually started revising for my gcse exams in March/April although I was going to after school classes since December. I got 9,8,7 A*,A*,A*,A*,A,B. ( the B was in Spanish)

When did you take ur GCSES?
Original post by Safsssx

Coming from someone who just finished their Alevels, and never revised for their gcse's;
It is the summer holiday so relax, have fun, go out with friends.
Start reading and going through year 10 notes, making sure you understand the basics.
Once it gets closer to actually returning, start revising a little more - maybe check out exam papers, read the exaimers report, a few notes :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by minivampire
Coming from someone who just finished their Alevels, and never revised for their gcse's;
It is the summer holiday so relax, have fun, go out with friends.
Start reading and going through year 10 notes, making sure you understand the basics.
Once it gets closer to actually returning, start revising a little more - maybe check out exam papers, read the exaimers report, a few notes :smile:

So would you recommend doing this. 31BBA33C-0B38-437C-BB65-A516334C4A84.jpg.jpeg
Reply 18
Original post by 12aissid

3300C73F-2507-4CA0-8789-DAFB468F1F76.jpg.jpeg would you recommend doing this?
Reply 19

Would you recommend doing this DE3DB362-7508-4B98-B669-5BEB850DD48E.jpg.jpeg including doing past papers here and there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending