Graduate medicine admission help Watch

This discussion is closed.
Salwa Arif
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
My question is that when do we apply for graduate medicine entry in UK, if I am currently in 2nd year of undergraduate degree in biomedical sciences? And when do we have to take the UKCAT exam ? Is it after 2nd year results or 3rd year results ?
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Salwa Arif)
My question is that when do we apply for graduate medicine entry in UK, if I am currently in 2nd year of undergraduate degree in biomedical sciences? And when do we have to take the UKCAT exam ? Is it after 2nd year results or 3rd year results ?
I've moved this to the medicine forum for you
DoctorMoonlight
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You can take the UKCAT at the end of 2nd year and then send in your application via UCAS beginning of third year and do interviews etc. during your third year and hopefully start after you graduate!

I did a blogpost on my UKCAT experience this year: http://www.misstrendable.com/2018/07...xperience.html
Salwa Arif
Rep:
?
(Original post by DoctorMoonlight)
You can take the UKCAT at the end of 2nd year and then send in your application via UCAS beginning of third year and do interviews etc. during your third year and hopefully start after you graduate!

I did a blogpost on my UKCAT experience this year: http://www.misstrendable.com/2018/07...xperience.html
Thank you for the reply... One more thing I want to know that we have to take the UKCAT before we apply or after we get conditional offer? Actually I m very confuse bcz someone told me that you can only apply after you get your 3rd year results?
DoctorMoonlight
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You would take the UKCAT the summer before you send your UCAS application the following October.
DoctorMoonlight
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You dont have to reply only after yo get your third year results. Having achieved results is easier but usually universities will give you a conditional offer of a 2.1 or first for example.
Salwa Arif
Rep:
?
Thanks
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by helphelppls)
I always wanted to do medicine, and I am now studying a 4 year degree (not medicine). I am just wondering since graduates have a more options for medicine (eg. US medical schools are only for graduates), should I switch to an easy and fast (eg. 1-2yr) degree?
I don't understand. Are you a UK student?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by helphelppls)
I always wanted to do medicine, and I am now studying a 4 year degree (not medicine). I am just wondering since graduates have a more options for medicine (eg. US medical schools are only for graduates), should I switch to an easy and fast (eg. 1-2yr) degree?
Please do not bump an old thread. I noticed you have asked this question across multiple threads so I have closed this one.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.38%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (66)
9.76%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.2%

Watched Threads