The Student Room Group

Cheap flights

Hi, so I’ve been invited to visit a friend in Korea at Christmas this year (I’m so excited, I haven’t seen her for a year now) but I’m not sure where to get a cheaper flight. Ideally, I would like a direct flight from London Heathrow to Incheon, Seoul. I want to pay as little as possible (so economy) but i was wondering if anyone knew anything about cheaper airlines or student discounts on flights? Thanks
Sophie
You can get from London to Seoul direct on BA, Asiana or Korean Air, but it'll almost definitely be cheaper to go via another European country (Finnair via Helsinki do good value trips to East Asia) or via the Gulf on Emirates, Etihad, Qatar or the like.

Have a look on Skyscanner. Or STA Travel where you'll find student discounts.

Good luck finding something reasonably priced, Christmas flights are nuts.
Reply 2
Thanks! I don’t think I can stop anywhere, just as a confidence thing...I’ve only flown once before and that was a short 1 hour flight to France. This is also my first time travelling anywhere further than a half hour drive away by myself (my parents are very protective, I think it’s something to do with a near death experience as a young child) so I’m really not the most confident person going through airports by myself. I want to make the trip as easy as possible. I will definitely check those websites though! Thanks
Original post by sloath
Thanks! I don’t think I can stop anywhere, just as a confidence thing...I’ve only flown once before and that was a short 1 hour flight to France. This is also my first time travelling anywhere further than a half hour drive away by myself (my parents are very protective, I think it’s something to do with a near death experience as a young child) so I’m really not the most confident person going through airports by myself. I want to make the trip as easy as possible. I will definitely check those websites though! Thanks

Airports can seem daunting at first, but there are loads of signs and staff to guide you around. All airports worldwide have signs in English as well as the local language, and airport staff will usually speak English too.

Skyscanner or Google flights usually find the best deals, and I wouldn't rule out changing plane somewhere - you can save hundreds of pounds by doing this sometimes! I've even managed to visit two new countries during long layovers :lol:
Scoot or Air Asia X for cheap cheap. It'll be a connecting flight
Original post by Miss Maddie
Scoot or Air Asia X for cheap cheap. It'll be a connecting flight

You still have to get to Singapore/Kuala Lumpur first! :hmmm:
Original post by jameswhughes
You still have to get to Singapore/Kuala Lumpur first! :hmmm:

Nope. They fly long haul. Scoot flies from berlin and easyjet fly to berlin. E.g. Luton-berlin-singapore-korea
Original post by Miss Maddie
Nope. They fly long haul. Scoot flies from berlin and easyjet fly to berlin. E.g. Luton-berlin-singapore-korea

I didn't realize they flew that route, though having looked into it a bit I'm not sure it's really of much use - the cheapest fares are around £200 each way for the Berlin - Singapore leg (before we add on the connections at both ends, and also baggage with this being a budget airline :lol:)

A brief look at SkyScanner has given me return prices in December of around £500-£600 with Alitalia, LOT and Finnair (via Rome, Warsaw and Helsinki respectively).
I went on skyscanner and got prices in the 600 range in December. However those flights had 1 or two layovers. Direct flights were in the 800's.
Original post by sloath
Hi, so I’ve been invited to visit a friend in Korea at Christmas this year (I’m so excited, I haven’t seen her for a year now) but I’m not sure where to get a cheaper flight. Ideally, I would like a direct flight from London Heathrow to Incheon, Seoul. I want to pay as little as possible (so economy) but i was wondering if anyone knew anything about cheaper airlines or student discounts on flights? Thanks
Sophie

try sky scanner website it gives the cheapest flights
I always look for cheap flights in skyscanner! you can google them, they always have the cheapest flights around. Be careful because sometimes that just means your flight does not include the price for luggage.
Can anyone tell me why Ryanair no longer fly to Derry? This would be like British airways not flying to Glasgow.
Original post by Vinny C
Can anyone tell me why Ryanair no longer fly to Derry? This would be like British airways not flying to Glasgow.

I'd guess because there isn't enough demand and it's close enough to Belfast or even Dublin. (In fact, British Airways don't serve most places in the UK, as their operations are based almost entirely around Heathrow to be pedantic. :tongue:)
Reply 13
i use all the time skyscanner :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest