The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catholicgirl
Hi all,

I found out that I passed the video interview and I now need to submit additional info. I am applying for the Government Economics Service, the additional information document only has one question relating to any previous FSAC score. Is this correct? I was expecting competency questions. Additionally, since I have not previously attended an assessment centre what do I write in the box?

Thanks

When did you do your video interview? I'm applying for GES too and did my interview around a week ago, so I'm hoping I'll get my results soon. The wait is killing me!
Reply 1781
Original post by Stumom
5 weeks here too !

I'm hoping we don't have to wait until everyone has sat the E-tray so 10 days from now and longer if there's a backlog with online tests being unlocked 😭 I'm in two minds over how it went and I'm very anxious now about it
Original post by andrew157157
When did you do your video interview? I'm applying for GES too and did my interview around a week ago, so I'm hoping I'll get my results soon. The wait is killing me!

I did my video interview last week Thursday and found out I passed today (exactly a week!).
Original post by Lm196
Yep that’s correct, literally just copy the question in and write that you haven’t attended one before! I was surprised too

Reply 1784
Having now completed my VI (thank you for all the advice, I think it went alright), I’m going to pass on some advice to save you having to scroll back through 90+ pages and to save a lot of Google searching.

The questions really do focus on this the Civil Service competencies: Collaborating and Partnering, Building Capability for All, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.” (FAQ page)

Honestly, the best thing you can do is have a list of examples, record a few questions by yourself so that you become accustomed to the idea of it, and try stick to the STAR method as much as possible (I deviated a bit which annoys me but oh well).

Good Luck!
Original post by hp1512
Hi, well done for passing the video interview :-) Can you please tell us what the questions were? And how you answered them,that would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.

What is the opposite to a banana?
How can I travel at the speed of light?
What is time?

Spoiler

Original post by hp1512
Hi, well done for passing the video interview :-) Can you please tell us what the questions were? And how you answered them,that would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.

Of course they can’t tell you what the questions were and how they’d answered them. It isn’t allowed. And beyond general advice, I don’t know why anyone would want to give you them- we are essentially all competing against each other for the jobs.
Original post by hp1512

Hahaahaha nice try !
Original post by Slowbro93
What is the opposite to a banana?
How can I travel at the speed of light?
What is time?

1. Not a banana
2. Have someone look at you
3. "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

Easy. Now where's my job offer? :biggrin:

Original post by JTR__
1. Not a banana
2. Have someone look at you
3. "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

Easy. Now where's my job offer? :biggrin:

:rofl:

Now this is what I had in mind when I wrote those questions:

Hi I submitted over 24 hours ago and all tests are still locked - is this normal? Thanks
Original post by Slowbro93

Now this is what I had in mind when I wrote those questions:

This is brilliant :rofl:
Original post by KingoftheD
Hi I submitted over 24 hours ago and all tests are still locked - is this normal? Thanks

They're having technical difficulties with new applications, it's all fine :smile:
Original post by KingoftheD

Hi! Yes this is normal- due to the volume of applications to be processed near the deadline, it may take a few days for the tests to unlock. :h:
Happy to help as always!
Anyone who applied for S&E still waiting for their VI results?
Hoping e tray results come today, almost 3 weeks
Over two weeks since I did the VI. Im just taking it as the 'no news is good news' and going from there. I wonder if there have been any rejections after waiting for over two weeks?

I just hope that im amber banded for HoP and have already passed Dip and Gen! :colondollar:
Completed my video interview this morning. Was terrified my dog was going to make an appearance in the background demanding I play ball with him. Thankfully, that fear was unfounded. :biggrin:

I've gone for the Social Research stream and see that it's one of the least competitive - yay!

May a month of refreshing my inbox commence.

Quick Reply

Latest