The Student Room Group

Which bank is the best?

hi just wondering which bank would be the best for me in particular to join. im 16 and have a part-time job with a low salary but i'd still like to join a bank but idk which banks are the best and the differences between them. please help
Original post by Harry171
hi just wondering which bank would be the best for me in particular to join. im 16 and have a part-time job with a low salary but i'd still like to join a bank but idk which banks are the best and the differences between them. please help

Moved to money and finance
Original post by Harry171

At 16 you're not eligible for a Student bank account. You'll be limited to teenage accounts which don't have any overdraft/credit facility.

Most of these accounts are the same - no real 'special' features that distinguish them from one another, apart from the interest rates which may interest you if you already have a sizable sum of money in another account/in cash. I believe Santander 123 Mini offer the highest at 3% up to £2,000.

You have no obligation to stick to XYZ bank once you become a university student or become 18. Choose whatever bank - it doesn't really matter. Switching is easy these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending