What was your first memory of school? [Golden Thread] Watch

Canadaboy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
This kid named Tye took off all his clothes and came and sat in the middle when we were having circle time.... I can still see the way his bowl cut flopped as the teacher dragged him away...
sinfonietta
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I remember my P1 induction day. I coloured in a picture of the letter C. It had a tail and I think a face, IIRC.

If we can include nursery it was watching my friend pulling her pants down and running to the bathroom with them around her ankles in front of everyone. It's still my favourite story to embarrass her with even to this day. It's been 22yrs since then. :lol:
euphrosynay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
breaking a bone near my shoulder in reception when someone pushed me off a little stool
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
got my name put on an amber light in reception which meant i couldn't have a biscuit. the teacher handed them out to everyone except me and i ended up having a massive sulk and tantrum.
Ameba
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
My first memory was me standing in a preschool, near a wall and not really wanting to talk to anyone. I think I was in preschool for quite a while then and almost all of the time that I was in preschool, I didn't speak as I was really shy.

The first word I said (more like shouted out), was monkey and that was when asked about what my favourite animal was. Many kids that I know today, still remember this moment.
Other_Owl
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
In Nursery School I was painting in the second room.

When I was in P1 I was crying in the cloakroon while holding a killer whale toy and a women sholder length with brown hair was comforting me.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Duffy27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I walked into my class and was told to hop on a computer to play games! Greatest start to school ever hahaha!
Abdurrahmaan12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
My first memory is pissing my pants in nursery and being sent home.
asdasdihpi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
This is a Golden Thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning a £250 Amazon voucher and other prizes :king1:

We all have to go to school (unfortunately :sad: or fortunately :dance: depending on your viewpoint).
As we begin school quite young TSR is asking, what was your first memory of school?

Whether it was a funny :toofunny:, positive :bumps: or negative :console: memory, feel free to share it here :woo:

Attachment 765618

Golden Threads:
The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning

1. Post a gif or meme about how you’re feeling in the run up to results day
  2. Find out the song at number one when you were born
  3. What is your secret dream job?
  4. Share essential advice for those starting their A-levels
  5. If you could study anything what would you choose?
  6. Dear teacher.....
  7. What would you send to Room 101?
  8. What is your first memory of school?
  9. Which celebrity would you choose to become Prime Minister?
  10. Which GCSE subject would you ban and why?
Probably in nursery and I am NOT lying...its like this picture in my mind where my nursery school teacher (Miss summers- yes lol this was her name) was standing up in a yellow t-shirt and facing us. And another one is me sitting on santa's lap in nursery even though it was my headteacher lol (still have a pic of that)
yerdue
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I was 5 and the day before I had Singapore noodles for supper from M&S. Felt slightly queasy the next day on the way to school And the next thing was me vomiting across the hallway so Mrs Jones sent me back home with a tea towel.

[quote(Original post by CoolCavy)]This is a Golden Thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning a £250 Amazon voucher and other prizes :king1:

We all have to go to school (unfortunately :sad: or fortunately :dance: depending on your viewpoint).
As we begin school quite young TSR is asking, what was your first memory of school?

Whether it was a funny :toofunny:, positive :bumps: or negative :console: memory, feel free to share it here :woo:

Attachment 765618

Golden Threads:
The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning

[ul]
[li]Post a gif or meme about how you’re feeling in the run up to results day [/li]
[li]Find out the song at number one when you were born[/li]
[li]What is your secret dream job? [/li]
[li]Share essential advice for those starting their A-levels[/li]
[li]If you could study anything what would you choose? [/li]
[li]Dear teacher.....[/li]
[li]What would you send to Room 101? [/li]
[li]What is your first memory of school? [/li]
[li]Which celebrity would you choose to become Prime Minister?[/li]
[li]Which GCSE subject would you ban and why? [/li]
[/ul]
[/quote]
U
Conniestitution
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I remember being told off for saying something to another girl. I went and said sorry and got a sticker that said ‘Superstar!’ - that’s nursery in a nutshell.
RainbowParrot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Not talking through my entire first day.
Criminalis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
On my first day of primary school, I remember my parents taking photos of me in the garden. Then when we got to school and it was time to leave my parents, I was in tears.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Being left at Nursery and I was crying as my mother walked away :-(
hollyyy1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I remember being reluctant to leave my mum, and taking off my 'outdoor' shoes and putting on my 'indoor' shoes at the shoe rack with the other kids. I then went to the toilet on my own and came back to watching my mum just almost slipping out of sight down the long corridor and then feeling abandoned and then bursting into tears as my teacher took me by the hand and yelled to my mum (who had turned around hearing all the noise) "don't worry just go, she'll be fine!" and thats all i can remember lol
TierneyM
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Probably putting crisps in my sandwiches and having everyone look at me like I was insane
splitter2017
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
First memory of school was building Jenga towers!
username4190740
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I only remember the classroom...
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
We had a day in nursery where everyone had to bring in their bikes and we would be cycling around in the playground. I remember only crashing my bike, even with stabilisers on. I found it quite funny.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DayneD89)
Watching a large storage area just off from the gym getting converted into a computer room, and the school getting its first computers installed. Yep, I'm old ^.^
My school had computers when I joined, but only two in the whole school (which bizarrely were allocated to years 3 & 4, not sure of the reasoning behind that when even the headteacher didn't have one at that point).

When I was in y4 they changed one of the classrooms into what was called "The Computer Suite" and it was just amazing. They had a Smart Board which I thought was magic, and 20 computers which we used quite regularly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (82)
59.42%
No (56)
40.58%

Watched Threads