What was your first memory of school? [Golden Thread] Watch

RSong23
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I remember getting to my class and crying when I was told my mum was going to leave. So the teachers sat me and her down with another kid- she slowly crept away. This other kid was playing with those plastic bears- you know the ones you don’t get anymore 😭. When I turned around to show my mum my “new best friend” she had left so me and the other kid kept playing with the bears. That friendship lasted even to this day despite living miles apart from each other.
So does my love for bears as a 20 something gay... thanks Gary-George 😂
aliciachxn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
On my first day of primary school, I cried at the gates of my school for the whole day because I thought my parents had abandoned me, until it was home time.

Also I threw up at the main entrance later that month but let's not elaborate of that.
Last edited by aliciachxn; 6 months ago
savage_queen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I seem to have blocked it all or I just have a really crap memory XD. All I remember is playing with my friends in nursery one day :P
Rezwan_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I remember drinking orange juice with one of those squiggle straws while everyone else did work lol.
Azkah118
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The earliest memory I can remember is being in year 1/2 and being given a tomato 🍅 to eat during snack time!!
username4197586
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I got my face smashed against a table by some nasty girl in year three and she broke my jaw. The school didn’t even send me home so I was sat crying with a broken jaw for four hours. BUT I got to miss recorder practice so it’s all good.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Laura.A.A.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
So when I was about 7 or 8 on my very first day of school ever a boy poured some water from a watering can on me. I was so angry I punched him and accidentally broke his nose. Obviously since then I didn’t have any friends as everyone was scared of me.
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Primary school: no idea
Secondary school: on my first day, trying to cross the roundabout at the end of the school drive and accidentally getting trapped in the middle whilst all the buses went round it
Neilos
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Can remember my first day pretty well. I was happy because I got the coat peg with an aeroplane on it (hardly any of the others were that cool... dogs or books and stuff like that, the plane was one of the best), and the first thing I saw in the classroom were 26 plastic letter mould things on the side. You put a ball bearing in where you'd start writing the letter if you had a pen (eg, top left corner of 'W') and the ball rolled round the mould, showing you how you'd write the letter. Like these things. Loved them at first sight, and playing on them was pretty much my favourite thing all year.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Knocked a little bit of display off a wall and hid it behind a radiator or something so it was never seen again. Was ready for a life of crime aged 4, I was.
sottgrace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Dressing up as a robot in reception on a day where everyone wore uniform?
shreya01
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I remember the morning assembly and the principal telling us to raise our left hand (don’t remember why). And that’s the day I learnt my left from my right 😋.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sottgrace)
Dressing up as a robot in reception on a day where everyone wore uniform?
I did the reverse and wore my school uniform on a non school uniform day. The embarrassment was too much for 8 year old noodlzzz
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Abdurrahmaan12)
My first memory is pissing my pants in nursery and being sent home.
Haha I remember wetting myself in reception because my teacher was a bit scary (well, she probably wasn't, but she seemed it at the time) and we were queuing up for lunch and anyone who asked to go to the toilet got shouted at and told they should have gone before they joined the queue for lunch.. so I tried to hold it in but I couldn't, so I just wet myself where I stood, and then when the teacher came up to me I tried to pretend it wasn't me haha. Even though I was standing in a puddle! :')

I always think teachers should be a bit nicer to the little kids.. they're easier frightened. Or maybe I was just a wimp.
Khajiitgrace
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
In nursery I remember kissing this boy under the table then my mum having to come and pick me up aha
failingatlife78
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Lol I remember my mum forcing my brother to complete all my homework so I get good grades in class
Spannerin'moi
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
my teacher got angry at me at my persistence in sucking thumb...in my fs1
Sciencenerd101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Wearing my horse shirt and painting a self portrait in nursery (it's still hanging in our dining room!)
icygrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I can't remember my first memory ie like my first year in primary school but I vividly remember the days when we were allowed to bring a teddy/plush toy to school and I fell in the playground and hurt myself lol
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Probably playing hopscotch in the playground
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%